Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellow jeepers,

So I just emptied my bank account and bought me a slew of mods for my jeep. Got some new wheels, 35" tires and also front/rear bumpers coming. First things first though, I need to install my AEV 2.5" lift.

I am torn as to tackling it myself or biting the bullet and having a shop do it. Lots of folks in here say it's a good way to learn about your jeep and I couldn't agree more. I am fairly handy and pretty certain I can handle the job, just curious if anyone might be interested in helping me out. I can buy beer, ribs, pizza...whatever it would take to entice a fella or 2 to lend a hand.

I have plenty of space to do the job in our covered warehouse @ work - looking to tackle it this Saturday the 27th.

If interested, let me know!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Where in Portland? Hope you can get someone to Help you out. The AEV lift shouldn't be too hard at all. I'll know by Friday if I'll be busy or if I can stop by to help out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I don't think it'll be too bad. I own a print shop in North Portland kinda by the Rose Garden, gonna tackle it there (figured our forklift might come in handy!)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya'll are off the hook! I finally conned a friend of mine to help, he's done lots of 4x4 stuff before so I think I am good, can't wait to post pics - stay tuned.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
ya'll are off the hook! I finally conned a friend of mine to help, he's done lots of 4x4 stuff before so I think I am good, can't wait to post pics - stay tuned.
Thats good btw if you need to regear me and DrHolliday install gears. 400$ + parts.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gonna see how I do with existing 4:10...but will keep it in mind for sure, thanks!

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Funny I have been told by a few people that is too much and I'm over charging.
thats not to bad, people say its too much cause people hate spending money that could be spent on more toys lol

one of these days i need to re teach myself too do gears

·
Registered
154 Posts
Very good price for gears. Cheaper than what I paid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts