Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 2.5 inch Old Man Emu heavy load lift. I own a 2015 JKUR, two ARB bumpers, with a Warn winch on the front as well. I’ve got new OME steering stabilizer, TeraFlex adjustable track bars, TF rear brake relocation kit, and a TF rear sway bar end link for the rear coming to keep everything smooth. I want to retain my front electric sway bar disconnect feature. It being a small lift am I fine doing nothing to the front electric disconnect and brake lines? To keep the front disconnect working what part do I need if any? I prefer TF or Old Man Emu for parts. If you know this answer, and I need a part please attach a link for purchase please. Light to moderate off-roading and a lot of camping with sites requiring 4X4 to access them. This is not pavement Princess

·
Premium Member
10,410 Posts
The only way you will know for sure is to flex it out. I know with my MetalCloak lift I needed 12.5 inch sway bar end links, longer brake lines, rerouted wheel sensor wiring and modify the locker wiring at the bundle to allow for more slack. Of course MC lifts have a ton of droop.

Reactions: TytheBandit

·
Registered
65 Posts
So I bought a 2.5 inch Old Man Emu heavy load lift. I own a 2015 JKUR, two ARB bumpers, with a Warn winch on the front as well. I’ve got new OME steering stabilizer, TeraFlex adjustable track bars, TF rear brake relocation kit, and a TF rear sway bar end link for the rear coming to keep everything smooth. I want to retain my front electric sway bar disconnect feature. It being a small lift am I fine doing nothing to the front electric disconnect and brake lines? To keep the front disconnect working what part do I need if any? I prefer TF or Old Man Emu for parts. If you know this answer, and I need a part please attach a link for purchase please. Light to moderate off-roading and a lot of camping with sites requiring 4X4 to access them. This is not pavement Princess
Just get you some MetalCloak front links(adjustable) and be done...

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
As TerryC6 stated, you will need to fully flex the suspension to see what you need to do. I found that even with my small 2" AEV spacer lift I had to address locker wiring, brake lines, e-brake cables, speed sensor wiring, and axle vent hoses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts