Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I currently have 2inch pucks on my rig and I need new struts and springs, its starting to sag and rub a bit when I accelerate, and there is fluid coming out of the struts SOooo here comes the question...

I only want to go 3inches or so, should I buy a new set of shocks and struts that are a 1 inch lift and keep the 2 inch pucks or should I buy a whole 3inch lift and toss the pucks or buy a 3 inch lift and keep the pucks for a 5 inch lift! LOL the last option is kinda joke, but I would love to see all your options... I only have 31 inch tires right now, but do plan on going to 33's... Thanks

·
Genius
20,964 Posts
If you plan on going with 33's I would say go with the 3" lift. Hold on to the pucks in case you change your mind later. ;)

·
Genius
20,964 Posts
I don't know which lift you should get as I've never used or installed a lift kit on a TJ but I do know where you should buy your lift. Dirk at DPG Off-Road will hook you up. ;)

DPG Off-Road

·
Registered
26,916 Posts
Dirk has gotten some business from me before, and although there was a problem with shipping from the manufacturer, Dirk treated me well and did his best to answer my questions. I'll be calling him back when I have the money for my lift. :)

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I was looking at the Currie 4" lift and was wondering what one you were looking at AS... I had seen a Trail Master 4" for about half that and was wondering if its a kind of you get what you pay for thing?

·
Genius
20,964 Posts
is he on the forum here?
Not that I know of. His shop about 10 minutes away from DistortedTJ in Wichita. I was there to his shop once to pick up some goodies with him.
Whoops ... didn't see the link! :D
We all make mistakes, but paying too much for your car insurance doesn't have to be one of them. A 15 minute call can save you 15% or more.

·
Registered
26,916 Posts
Ok, I was looking at the Currie 4" lift and was wondering what one you were looking at AS... I had seen a Trail Master 4" for about half that and was wondering if its a kind of you get what you pay for thing?
I'm going to buy the OME TJ/LJ Ultimate kit.

SEE IT HERE

The springs give you 2 1/2 to 2 3/4" of lift depending on who you ask, and you get another 1 1/4" from the JKS body lift. So, approx 3 3/4" lift total, which is planty to run 33s. Also, because you do a BL and MML you don't have to drop your transfer case skid (which kinda defeats the purpose of lifting it in the first place) or do a SYE and CV drive shaft. The MML makes the drive line angle acceptable so that you don't get vibrations. Plus by doing a body lift, you'll be set up for a tummy tuck down the road. (when your money tree blooms again) These are my plans. The Tummy Tuck is last on the list. Lift/tires/wheels will come first, then gears if/when I decide I can't live with 3.73 and 33s, then SYE and CV and the tummy tuck.

Confused? :p

Here is a pic from DPG of the lift I want. Side by side comparison.

·
Genius
20,964 Posts
I was just messin with ya.

I think the Currie setup is better than the trail master but I'm not that experienced with those kits. Give Dirk a ring and bounce those questions off him. He's got all the answers.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nope, not confused ... kinda what I was thinking about... along those lines, but I was just interested in your plan of attack... but I HAVE to replace at least my rear struts because my back tires are starting to rub from time to time depending on how full my gas tank is or if I have passengers... a buddy noticed the noise when I was pulling away from his house and I thought he was talking about my front tires and he said it was coming from the back so I checked and sure enough... :) I need the excuse to upgrade and Christmas is a coming and I am graduating with my Associates so I hope to get some funds from the Grandparents. :D

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok... it looks like a body lift comes with the ultimate kit? Man, my mouth is watering wanting to do this! I have a couple of friends who just started their own fab company and are going to specialize in suspensions ... Oh boy oh boy! LOL

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ohhh ... Awesome ... If I get enough funds I'm sold ... :D Thanks guys!

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
It all depends on were you want to go. The kit I have does very well. Better then I thought and it cost me 400 bucks. I will be upgrading here soon as I figure out what route I want to take. I know I am stretching the rear a foot just need to figure out if I am going to build it or buy it lol. Let me know if I can be any help.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts