Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably should have posted this before placing my order. I have a stock 2007 Sahara that for the most part sits in the garage and only comes out occasionally. Last week, I ordered the Teraflex 2.5 coil lift with shocks, 16x8 Pro Comp 7069 wheels with 4 in bs, 315/75R16 Pro Comp Extreme A/T tires, and a Teraflex Monster front trackbar. I also ordered a new steering stabilizer. Still have not decided on bumpers, fenders, and gearing. with that being said, is there anything else that is absolutely needed to go along with this lift. Thanks!

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Yep another credit card now that the mod bug has bitten. :D

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
2007 Sahara, 3.8L and 3.73 (hopefully), you may desire deeper gearing for those 35's. Not needed but your MPG and performance will suffer. I just put 5.13's in mine about a month ago, 100x better.

-Dan

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2007 Sahara, 3.8L and 3.73 (hopefully), you may desire deeper gearing for those 35's. Not needed but your MPG and performance will suffer. I just put 5.13's in mine about a month ago, 100x better.

-Dan
I am sure a re-gear is going to be needed. Now I have to decide which gears to go with. What made you go with 5.13s?

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
I am sure a re-gear is going to be needed. Now I have to decide which gears to go with. What made you go with 5.13s?
Good, as long as you were prepared for it and budgeted for it. I went with 5.13's cause I am an auto trans and 4.88, IMO isn't enough. I actually would have went, and tried to get, 5.38 but only one company makes them for the D30 and my vendor couldn't get his hands on them. I am going to upsize to 37's on my next tire set so....:whistling:

-Dan

·
Registered
112 Posts
Since you're talking gears, do you think a 2.5" lift running 35s would need a regearing? manual trans in a 2012 3.6 2door...

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Since you're talking gears, do you think a 2.5" lift running 35s would need a regearing? manual trans in a 2012 3.6 2door...
The 3.6L engine is a different animal; if you've got 3.21 gears, you may very well want to regear. I've got 3.73 gears in my manual '12 (running 35's), and plan on going to 4.56 soon. If I had 4.10's I wouldn't waste the $$.

But drive it first, and see. My 3.73's are only sluggish in 6th gear when I'm trying to pass slower freeway traffic, and on hills. Some peeps are fine with it; some aren't.

·
Registered
112 Posts
kbwwolf said:
The 3.6L engine is a different animal; if you've got 3.21 gears, you may very well want to regear. I've got 3.73 gears in my manual '12 (running 35's), and plan on going to 4.56 soon. If I had 4.10's I wouldn't waste the $$.

But drive it first, and see. My 3.73's are only sluggish in 6th gear when I'm trying to pass slower freeway traffic, and on hills. Some peeps are fine with it; some aren't.
Thanks, will keep in mind. Will drive it a bit first before pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Thanks, will keep in mind. Will drive it a bit first before pulling the trigger.
I know that this really wasnt meant to be a thread about regearing but Id like to add just because I recently made the jump from 33s to 35s. I have an 08 2door auto w/ 3.73 gears and a superchips flashpaq. I have not had any noticeable power loss w/ 35s and I feel like my jeep is responding the way it should. I may just be in the category of guys that are simply not bothered by the doggin, cuz I really dont notice it anymore.

I dont know how much of a difference the tuner makes, but I was thinking about setting it back to stock just to see if I notice anything. Even though they dont have a superchips available for your year, I think you will be fine.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good, as long as you were prepared for it and budgeted for it. I went with 5.13's cause I am an auto trans and 4.88, IMO isn't enough. I actually would have went, and tried to get, 5.38 but only one company makes them for the D30 and my vendor couldn't get his hands on them. I am going to upsize to 37's on my next tire set so....:whistling:

-Dan
Auto trans here too. I was leaning towards 4.88's, but I will look into 5.13's as well. While I am not looking to build anything too extreme, I do want it to be solid. Went ahead and ordered Tom Woods drive shafts. After reading mant more post about lifts, I am starting to wish I had gone with the RK lift, but I think I will be happy with the Teraflex, for now!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just finished the lift. Took around 6 hours to do the job myself. Having an impact wrench made the job much easier. Still waiting on 2 tires to be shipped. Will put up some pics when they are on.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Just found the build sheet for my Jeep and was very happy to see I have the optional 4.10 gears.

·
Insert something witty...
596 Posts
Daniel_M said:

-Dan
I also went with 5.13's in my 2011 auto and agree with Dan that it is the way to go. Could not be happier.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Just found the build sheet for my Jeep and was very happy to see I have the optional 4.10 gears.
Unfortunately, you've got the 3.8L Jeep. My reference to the 4.10's concerned the Pentastar, or 3.6L Jeeps. Two different animals. For anything over 33" tires on your rig, you should seriously consider a regear.

Cute dog in the avatar. :thumb:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Unfortunately, you've got the 3.8L Jeep. My reference to the 4.10's concerned the Pentastar, or 3.6L Jeeps. Two different animals. For anything over 33" tires on your rig, you should seriously consider a regear.

Cute dog in the avatar. :thumb:
Thanks for the info! As for the dog, he has been with the family for almost 17 years. Had to put the shovel away several times the past couple of years, but he is still hanging in there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts