Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have been trying to figure this out since I got my TJ 7 months ago :banghead:. She was already lifted when I got her and I am trying to figure out which lift and how much. I "think" she has a 4' lift by the looks of it. I have the shock part numbers but that is about it. Does anyone else have any idea where I can find some part numbers under there to look up and see which lift kit I have? Thanks for the help.

Phil

·
Knows a couple things...
49,713 Posts
Good sharp well lighted close up photos of the control arms, springs, shocks, etc. might be enough to help identify what you have.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pics

Any help in identifying which lift I have would be greatly appreciated....the only part number I see is on the shock.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,713 Posts
ProComp for the most part, Rancho R9000 9-way adjustable shocks. Probably ProComp's 4" "Stage II" suspension lift. Be wary of your control arm mounts, the bushings at the end of those control arms don't flex real well so on an unusually uneven/offcamber/difficult trail, they can cause the control arm mounting brackets to tear away from where they are welded to the axle. The front trackbar doesn't look like it is from ProComp but I can't even guess who made it, possibly Rubicon Express.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Looks like you have the pro comp 4" lift. I have the same lift. Someone changed out the shocks which is a good thing. Also the front lower control arms look like they have been changed out also since the pro comps have a bend in them like the rear. You can also measure the springs to see how tall the lift is. My 4" springs measured 16" front and 12" when sitting at ride height with the weight of the Jeep on them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just went out and measured the springs. The front spring with the weight of the Jeep on it measured 15 1/2 inch from the top coil to the bottom coil.

·
Registered
304 Posts
You probably have a 3.5" lift unless your springs are sagging a bit, but I doubt they are.

·
Registered
304 Posts
No. It's not an exact science. From what I have been reading the stock springs measure in a 12" front and 8" rear. I have a 4" lift and my springs measure 16" front and 12" rear so it gets you close. If your springs are 15 1/2 then it sounds like you have a 3.5" lift.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,713 Posts
Spring height is one part of the equation, the other being spring rate... i.e. how stiff it is. The higher spring rate of two identical height springs will support more weight and with the same weight vehicle will create a taller suspension. Not to mention vehicle weight where a lighter TJ will sit taller on the same springs than a heavier/more armored TJ will.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts