Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm getting ready to purchase the teraflex 2.5 coil lift w/ 9550 shocks. also at the same time i'm adding front and rear adjustable track bars, disconnects, rancho ca drop brackets, stering stabvalizer & relocation bracket, c gussets, sleeves and ca skid plates. going to put 35's on, new wheels and flashcal.

anything else i should look at doing to complete the lift?

·
Registered
666 Posts
i'm getting ready to purchase the teraflex 2.5 coil lift w/ 9550 shocks. also at the same time i'm adding front and rear adjustable track bars, disconnects, rancho ca drop brackets, stering stabvalizer & relocation bracket, c gussets, sleeves and ca skid plates. going to put 35's on, new wheels and flashcal. anything else i should look at doing to complete the lift?
Sounds like a pretty solid build. The only thing IDE worry about is running the spare on the stock carrier. Have you looked into a rear bumper/ tire carrier

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually yes i have that on the plan but not yet. i'm gonna run it on the stock carrier till early march then i'll be ordering a teraflex hinge carrier and new bumpers and winch. and given the weather here lately i doubt i'll even be doing the lift install for a little while.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
i'm getting ready to purchase the teraflex 2.5 coil lift w/ 9550 shocks. also at the same time i'm adding front and rear adjustable track bars, disconnects, rancho ca drop brackets, stering stabvalizer & relocation bracket, c gussets, sleeves and ca skid plates. going to put 35's on, new wheels and flashcal. anything else i should look at doing to complete the lift?
You may be spending money you don't need to spend. I wouldn't order the track bars or the drop brackets. Just put the lift on and see how you like it first. The lift comes with a good rear track bar relocation bracket.

Gussets and sleeves would be something I would have done when you regear.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You may be spending money you don't need to spend. I wouldn't order the track bars or the drop brackets. Just put the lift on and see how you like it first. The lift comes with a good rear track bar relocation bracket.

Gussets and sleeves would be something I would have done when you regear.
yeah i had originally planned on it then but that won't be till early next year and i don't want to risk bending my c's in the mean time. the sleeves are hammer in ones not the weld in kind so i figured the best time would be when i already had wheels off and replacing the ball joints after the c gussets are welded in.

honestly, i'd like to do everything at once and be done with it. i know several things i REALLY don't need to do, drop brackets, track bars, stabalizers and such i could live without for now. it's more of a time thing that made me do them at the same time as the lift.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
yeah i had originally planned on it then but that won't be till early next year and i don't want to risk bending my c's in the mean time. the sleeves are hammer in ones not the weld in kind so i figured the best time would be when i already had wheels off and replacing the ball joints after the c gussets are welded in. honestly, i'd like to do everything at once and be done with it. i know several things i REALLY don't need to do, drop brackets, track bars, stabalizers and such i could live without for now. it's more of a time thing that made me do them at the same time as the lift.
I understand, I only mentioned it because it looks like you are putting some money in items you likely won't need. If you want the track bars, drop brackets, and stabilizer, that's cool. However, I would put that money toward a tire carrier. I have the same lift and it rides fine with just the parts in the kit.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand, I only mentioned it because it looks like you are putting some money in items you likely won't need. If you want the track bars, drop brackets, and stabilizer, that's cool. However, I would put that money toward a tire carrier. I have the same lift and it rides fine with just the parts in the kit.
i gotcha and it was a thought, hate to damage my tail gate too. if it wasn't for the bonus i get in march this would be a lot different install.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Drop the rear track bar and just do their axle bracket. The bracket will center the axle and raise rear roll center.

Edit: Actually if the kit comes with it. I think it does. Skip the track bar. Not needed :thumb:
seriously? i was under the impression the stock track bars wouldn't hold up over time. or do you mean just the rear one isn't needed? i know the rear one was kinda optional but i thought the front pretty much needed to be replaced...

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
You do not need to replace either of the track bars for a 2.5 inch lift.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
I like the front with any lift. Safe assurance for death wobble. The stock will flex with bigger tires and put under heavy loads. Rear doesn't see as much action IMO.
Ditto. TF adjustable bar in the front and I used the axle bracket on the rear. Running a TF 2.5" and am very satisfied.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok then, i'll scratch the rear off and play 'better safe then sorry' and get the front.

anything else?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Drop the rear track bar and just do their axle bracket. The bracket will center the axle and raise rear roll center.

Edit: Actually if the kit comes with it. I think it does. Skip the track bar. Not needed :thumb:
the rear axle side trackbar bracket just increases the height of the stock trackbar it does not center it. I have the same lift and my rear axle is offcenter by about 3/4 of an inch

·
Registered
666 Posts
seriously? i was under the impression the stock track bars wouldn't hold up over time. or do you mean just the rear one isn't needed? i know the rear one was kinda optional but i thought the front pretty much needed to be replaced...
The rear isnt really "needed" but nice to have if you want your axle centered and want the added strength of an heavy duty trackbar. like i already mentioned the bracket only raises the height it does not cenetr the rear axle.

The front I believe is very needed if you plan on wheeling your rig or even plan on keeping it for a very long time. Its not just about centering the front axle but about the added strength it gives you and the higher quality bushings. The stock trackbar is more prone to failure when running larger tires. It is always under a high amount of stress you want something thats going to withstand that over a long period of time

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it seems some may need rear while others don't. so let me ask this, would it be wiser to make it a 2 part build? do the things i know i'm gonna do regardless and then look at how it sits then add what's still necessary? not exactly my ideal way cuz it will take me twice as long, but i also wanna do it right the first time and not have to redo things.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok here's a full list of what my plan was:

teraflex 2.5 coil lift and shocks
teraflex monster front track bar
teraflex rear adj. track bar (thinking not doing)
rancho drop brackets
teraflex disconnect kit (one that uses your stock links and converts them)
grade 8 bolt swap
synergy ball joints
synergy c gussets
rockridge inner sleeves
synergy ca skid plates (only doing so i don't have 2 trips to the welder)
teraflex exhaust spacers (i don't really need but cheap precaution in case i change shocks at a later time)
16x8 4.5 bs wheels (already have 1.5" spacers that will get removed most likely)
35x12.5 duratracs
teraflex steering stabalizer and relocation bracket (no problem just like a little stiffer steering)
flascal

1 month later:
rampage front and rear bumper
teraflex hinge tire carrier
warn zeon winch

ok i think thats actually everything. so given the weather the lift probably won't be installed untill later on after the tire carrier, bumpers and winch have already arrived.

am i doing this wrong? i thought i had a good grasp on this after the past year but maybe i'm over thinking it? like i said i wanna do it right but i also only wanna do it once...

·
Registered
715 Posts
the rear axle side trackbar bracket just increases the height of the stock trackbar it does not center it. I have the same lift and my rear axle is offcenter by about 3/4 of an inch
Interesting. From a geometry perspective, since the rear track bar bracket raised one side of the track bar thus changing it's angle, shouldn't it have shifted the axle? Or perhaps it didn't change the angle enough to completely center the axle? I guess I'm wondering how far off the axle would have been if you didn't use the bracket at all. I'm looking at a similar kit and debating a rear bracket, or adjustable rear track bar.

John

1 - 20 of 32 Posts