Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the max size suspension lift kit that can be put on 2011 JK unlimited without having to change or extend the drive shaft?

·
Registered
196 Posts
How difficult is it to install the new drive shaft.:rofl: I did read the description but has anyone done that?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have 8000 miles on a 3" lift on my 2010 JKU Rubicon. The front shaft is still ok, but I expect the joint boot at the tc to tear in the next 8000 miles. When disconnected, the front shaft will hit the skid plate (notch it for clearance) and the auto trans (just slightly) if you have one. So far everything if fine. I picked up a spare set of new driveshafts for $200 to replace them when they fail. From what I've seen, I wouldn't want to go any higher without double cardon shafts.

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
Since 32 comes stock, you don't need any lift.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
JeeperCreeper11 said:
I have a 4 door I am not looking to have no bigger than 32 to 33 inch how high lift would look right on appearance
Here's a 4 door with stock 32" BFGs and no lift. Look okay to you? :D

I'll be leveling it, by the way. But I don't think the tires look to be the wrong size.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is my situation. I want to increase my clearance alittle for mudd bogging, I currently have 3.23 gears due to an oversite when buying but I bought 3.73 to replace. I plan to buy another set of rims and tires for bogging but don't want jeep to look retarted when the stock 32 are on it for my daily driving. So that is why I was wondering how high I can lift it and still look good with the 32.5 stock size tires on 17" rims

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts