Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im thinking of putting a small lift on my 2000 SE. I was looking at a body lift at first but then started seeing these spacers for the springs.... can anyone explain how they work, approx install time, and safeness factor? Im looking around 1.5 - 2 inches of lift.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I personally would suggest doing a BB(spacer lift) over doing a body lift. with the rubicon express budget boost kit you get the spacers, shocks, bumpstop extensions, and all hardware. the install is straight forward by pretty much just unhooking swaybar endlinks and shocks, push the axle down and slide the spacer ontop of the spring(which gives you the extra 2''), put new shocks in, and tighten everything back up. i did a BB for a forum member with a friend of mine and it took the two of us 6 hours to do the BB, a 1'' body lift, and a 1'' motor mount lift.

the body lift made me cringe as we unbolted the mounts and used my hilift to jack the body up. i just presonally don't like them, but they do the job and do it cheaply.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I would recommend on going with the BB over the body lift. If you think about it long enough you will talk yourself into going with a 4inch suspension lift. That's what happend to me. I was only planning on a 2inch lift with 31X10.50 tires and after many hours of research I deceided to go with Rough Country's 4inch stage II. The lift with upgrading the shocks and adding a steering stabilizer was on $631.84 and that includes shipping. That's only about a $100 more than a BB and you get a lot more bang for your buck. If you are looking for tires and rims check out this web site. www.tirepackages.com I ordered a set of 5 33x12.50 BFG AT's with MT classic II's for only $1,268.64 with shipping. I apoligize for the long reply but I just wanted to point out some options and a place to get great deals. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
nah you can get a full BB for less than $300 complete and shipped although the rough country is a really good deal

·
Registered
489 Posts
i bought my 2 inch coil spacer complete kit for a 100 bucks, free shipping. look on ebay.everythings on ebay.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I have a 2000 and I went with the 2" bds kit. I was thinking about doing a 2" BB but my springs(6yrs old) were sagging pretty bad so I wanted a kit with new coils. I got the kit from www.4x4connection.com for $375 shipped. If you are going to satisfied with just a 2" lift I strongly recomend this one. The bds shocks that came with the kit are also some of the nicest riding shocks that I've seen.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have the 4 inch rough country, its awesome, and a great deal, i run 35s, but i also have a 3 inch body lift. You might want to check it out.

·
Registered
145 Posts
33s look great on a Wrangler, but its up to you. I would go with the 2 inch lift that comes with the spacers, that way you retain the factory ride.Then down the road, if you want to go bigger, you still have those spacers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
would you fit 33s with a 1bb and a bb 2 lift?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
baboonhands87 said:
would you fit 33s with a 1bb and a bb 2 lift?
if you mean with a 1"BL and a 2" BB then yes, 33's will fit.

and if you are going to get a BB i would go with this company: http://4wheelcustoms.com/Products.asp?Cat=1208
they have a 2.25"BB($78 w/o shocks). most other BB's are only 1.75" fyi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts