Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 2013 JK 2 door Sahara. I want to lift it enough to run 35 inch tires. Any advice on wheel size, tire size and lift inch height?

Thanks,

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've got a Zone 4" lift with 35" Nitto's on 20x12 XD811 rims.

:welcome:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Fine. 3" lift. 17x9 wheels with 4.5 backspace, and 315/70r17 tires. If you have 3.21 gears plan for 4.88's on a regear. Make sure to correct castor and budget for a front driveshaft.

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
For a two door, 1.5 lift, flat fenders and 35s. 2.5 lift if where you live doesn't allow flat fenders. Two doors only need to lift to clear the tires - four doors usually lift a little more to address the stinky breakover angle of the long wheelbase.

The lower the lift, the less heartburn it is on drivetrain and steering angles.

Also regear. Recommend 17 inch wheels.

I run 37s on 2.5 lift with flat Fenders.

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
Fine. 3" lift. 17x9 wheels with 4.5 backspace, and 315/70r17 tires. If you have 3.21 gears plan for 4.88's on a regear. Make sure to correct castor and budget for a front driveshaft.
If OP can do a 1.5 lift and flat Fenders, caster should be less of an issue even on a two door, as should driveshaft. "Should" as every Jeep is a little different. I would do the lift and then see how it handles and what kind of caster angle there is. If the steering is flighty (symptom of caster issues) then be prepared to address with control arms or drop brackets. But I don't think it should be an issue at 1.5.

Going to a 2.5 lift, I would recommend adjustable arms or drop brackets to dial in caster on a two door, but driveshaft shouldn't be an immediate issue. It will have a shorter life, especially if wheeled, but won't grenade immediately at 2.5 inches.

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
If you use a 9 inch wide wheel, 2.5 inches is plenty of lift to clear 35x12.50's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to everyone who has posted so far. I'm taking notes and learning some good stuff. Keep it coming. Opinions on wheel brands? I found some good package deals for wheels and tires

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Ha, all wheels are made in China now. Doesn't really matter. If you plan to really off-road, get 17's. 20's are for the street.

Tires, depends on your use. How much off-road do you plan on? Duratrac are great all-rounders. Nitto terra grapplers good for street as well as bfg at. Mud, you want something way more aggressive.

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts
What type of wheeling will you do? I love the 1.5 and flats with 35's concept, and may actually build my 2dr just like that, BUT... The 1.5 springs don't have enough free length to support long shocks. It would limit the articulation to just a little over stock.

A premium 2.5 fixes that... And with flats you can really max out your articulation.

Reactions: ssinga

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ha, all wheels are made in China now. Doesn't really matter. If you plan to really off-road, get 17's. 20's are for the street.

Tires, depends on your use. How much off-road do you plan on? Duratrac are great all-rounders. Nitto terra grapplers good for street as well as bfg at. Mud, you want something way more aggressive.
I'm looking to get into some off-roading here pretty soon but nothing major. Just weekend fun. Most of my driving will be work and back unfortunately. I want the off-road capability when needed while Keeping the on road stance

1 - 14 of 14 Posts