Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, my dad finnally gave me the go ahead for the lift. any suggestions? im goin for a 3" lift and 32's.

·
WF Graphics Bitch
544 Posts
For small to moderate performing lifts I like Rubicon Express. If you're wanting to go with an extreme suspension - look into Clayton or Full Traction.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
You will have to excuse amerijeep.. he is on a quest to get 250 posts, at which time he gos from senior member to, Super Senior Member...lol that and he drives a YJ....LOL

Now for a lift, 3" and 32's is a good choice. How much of a budget are we talking if I many ask? $200 or $1000? You could do soming simple like a coil spacer lift of 2" which is what it sounds like, a spacer that go's on top of the coil, and then add a 1" body lift. Or you can just add some 3" springs. If you want to go the spring route, a non bust your bank kit would be either the Rusty's offroad 3" or the BDS( big dicks suspension) 3" kit. Both are basic but will offer a good amount of flex, and you can install them at home with basic tools. I have run the Rusty's ( which I am told is at one time was a rebadged BDS) and it rode nice, flexed well. and for the money was fine. With either kit you will want to get a front adjustable track part vs the drop pitman arm, as it will ride a bit nicer. Also it is better to spend a bit more now on a nicer lift than to rip stuff off in 6 mos or a year and repend you money. Thus, give us some more info on what you want to do with the jeep and we can give you other thoughts etc..good luck!

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaa, I only have 70 something posts but I have 1 point and Amerijepp doesn't so he is jealous. :D :eek: :D

Now on the same lines as 4Jeepn, we need to know a budget you have to stay in and what your goal of this rig will be? Because a lift for just street riding is going to be a different suggestion than a rig that will put to some work. And budget is always a concern. One of the best short arm kits you can buy is the Currie with J-Arms.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
It must be my day in the barrel. :rolleyes:

Seriously though. I am always glad to help out with jeep problems. However, I always stay clear of peoples questions of mods. Don't like to get into that. I'll help all I can when it's 'broke', but I don't like to do 'not broke'. Therefore, I do wish bluetj99 lots of luck, but that's all I can do until help is needed to fix it. It's a personal philosophy.

amerijepp

·
Registered
85 Posts
2.5" and 32" tires. hmm....

expensive
old man emu's 2.5" lift will net you plenty without a body lift. very smooth kit - i think the shocks are the selling point though.

cheap
two pair of 2" spacers from ebay and a body lift. that'll get you there....and you can swap out the shocks for longer travel ones and some bumpstop extensions as you get the time.
chris

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
uh, my budget is basically broke.... i have around 600 bucks for a lift, and am saving for rims and tires. sorry it took me so long to recomment, my dad has taken over the comp.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im basically goin for a trail ready daily driver. i was told and have experienced the 3" and 32 setup and loved it. i wanna go with a suspension lift because of the better quality and im not gonna change it later on down the road so i kinda wanna invest in a good lift for the money. again my budget is around 600 bucks for the lift. thats the rest of the story in a nuttshell

·
Registered
169 Posts
Myself and 3 friends all run the 4WD Hardware lift, and have had very good results with it. Our TJ's are also our DD's. The 4WD kit i ss acomplete kit including shocks and a dropped pitman arm. It is a 3" lift, but we all netted about 4" of lift. I think it is a bit over $600.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
bluetj99 said:
uh, my budget is basically broke.... i have around 600 bucks for a lift, and am saving for rims and tires. sorry it took me so long to recomment, my dad has taken over the comp.

If you’re on a budget that is that tight see if you can find someone in a Jeep club that is moving to a 5 1/2" kit and get the good stuff.

Rubicon Express or Full Traction...

I'm thinking about to a Long Arm kit but keeping the same height by wife is only 5'3" so the taller jeep is just too tough to get in and out of for her and my daughter.

So I'll be keeping my springs and shocks but I see guys selling their old kits all the time for the price point you are looking for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts