Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3.25" lift on my JKU. I want a light but reasonabily priced winch. The XRC9.5 with synthetic rope is around 55 lbs. and in my price range.
1. Is this a good choice for hopefully no real need but insurance?
2. How much will I sag in the front with this winch?

If I could get away with a cheaper steel cable winch that weights between 66-78 lbs, how much would that sag the front end?
As you can tell, I'm more worried about weight than the frequency of using the winch. I already have a JCR Dagger stubby mounted.
Next part of question-
My lift is dead level now, but I wish I was an inch higher in the rear. Ive heard of several options, but want to see what the concensus is. Either a daystar 3/4" spacer, or new 3.5" spings to repalce the 2.5" springs, along with a new trackbar bracket. My current lift is an RC 3.25" which uses a 2.5" spring and factory isolators.

Oh, a real bummer was that the 4 Wheel parts store about 30 minutes from me is out of everything. An NX top & winch was going to be purchased today but they had neither. Again, bummer for nashville!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
99% chance you wont get any sag. Get the winch and see what happens...

·
Registered
140 Posts
My Smittybilt 9.5k synthetic was installed Monday on TF2.5 w fox shocks, no sag.

Also, with the TF my jku has a 1/2 rear spacer because it has a retention for the top of the spring at full droop, I think they make larger spacers. pretty fast install.

Check with 4wheelparts in raleigh, they sometimes can do transfers between stores.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts