Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know asking this question is like asking your favorite oil brand but I need more info on specific directions than brands.
I have a stock 2014 jk polar edition. It has stock bumpers but a front winch. I want a 2"-2.5" lift. It will mostly be on the street but I'd like to do some off-roading at a local offroad park (southington), beach, & maybe some trails in Michigan. Not sure exactly what off-roading I want to do as this will be my first time. I also only want to run 33" tires on the jeep. So what I'm looking for is what is a good starting kit that will work with what im doing and I could build on in the future instead of replacing? Secondly I'd like a kit that will give a little more ground clearance but won't make 33" tires look too small. I will be using stock 18" sahara rims that came with my polar edition. I want to start off $300-$450 for kit. Thank you for your advice. I've asked my local 4 wheel parts but by the time I get done with their quote I'm looking at $1500 and not sure I need to do as much as they are pushing on me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Several options out there. If keeping the Sahara wheels, you'll need to run 1.5" spacers.
2.5" is a great starting point without mods. with 33's. RK,TF,AEV,... you can always upgrade with these kits. Enjoy

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm no expert here but I do like my TF performance leveling coil kit running 33's. So far the height and tire combo makes a great daily driver.

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
450ish?
there's teraflex...try using our vendors to get it down to 450.00
also rubicon express, and best bang for the buck.... 2" sport from rancho.
theres also 1.5 kits from tera or RK.

those kits I mentioned does not have shocks but you can use shock extenders from teraflex.

you still might want disconnects $100+, exhaust spacers $45, and perhaps geometry brackets $99.

If 450 is you maximum budget, and don't plan to spend anymore on suspension components, a leveling kit might suffice.

·
Super Moderator
16,384 Posts
To do something you can grow with, you are limited by your price point.

I would suggest the Teraflex 2-1/2" lift kit with shock adapters. It's still going to be about $500. Later on, you can replace the shocks for $300-$400, then you can add a track bar for $200, exhaust spacers for $40, etc...

Teraflex 1352002 - TeraFlex 2.5" Lift Kit with Shock Adapters for 07-15 Jeep® Wrangler JK 2 Door - Quadratec

You said JK, so I linked the 2dr kit.

Otherwise, there are options like the 1.5 leveling kits, but they don't "grow" very well. The 1.5 performance spring kit is a good start also, but it's not a 2-2.5 like you asked for. And in my opinion, the spacer kits are great, but don't grow very well either.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$400 is a starting point. Was wondering if Rancho 2" sport lift with 9000xl shocks. Or start with coils and then shocks?

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts