Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I have a 2015 wrangler sport unlimited. I have been thinking about a lift for sometime but just haven't been able to figure out what I want. I dont want anything crazy. But am open to suggestions. I am planning on getting new tires and wheels when mine run down. What should I do? Get thicker tread so it sits higher? Or get a small lift? Or both? Pictures will help. Thanks in advance.

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
Get a 2.5" lift and figure out tires later. May i recommend the JKS JSpec 2.5". No components rubbing, no sagging very level stance and comes with disconnects, front track bar. Just get some new sway bar links for the rear and front lower control arms to fix caster and your golden. No need to use the cam bolts they include for caster.

·
Registered
37 Posts
JKS is quite a bit more than TF... I'm in the same boat. I just picked up my 13 JKU Sahara and it needs a 2.5" lift badly. I've been debating the best bang for the buck and still retain a nice quality ride. I'm coming from a 550i and I was pleasantly surprised how well the JKU rode and drove, I'd like to keep it that way.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cant edit posts on here? Anyway, I meant to say is the JKS kit really worth that much in comparision to the TF 2.5 with shocks or even the Eibach AT Lift which I've read wonderful reviews on. I've had many many cars and a lot of them ran Eibach components over the past 16 years, so they are definitely one I'm considering as well.

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
There is a sticky in the JK Tech Forum, called Beginners Guide to Lifting Your JK. Before you do anything I would read some in this thread, hang out and ask some questions there. I changed my mind a couple times after reading that thread. But in the end I was very happy with the result. Couple guys in there that know lifts inside and out.

·
Commercial Member
2,299 Posts
Get a 2.5" lift and figure out tires later. May i recommend the JKS JSpec 2.5". No components rubbing, no sagging very level stance and comes with disconnects, front track bar. Just get some new sway bar links for the rear and front lower control arms to fix caster and your golden. No need to use the cam bolts they include for caster.
I disagree. If he lifts to 2.5" and wants 37's, just as an example, he MAY have wanted a 3.5"...and so on. Probably more prudent to figure out what tire size he wants, then plan the lift carefully thereafter.

I haven't ran the JKS lift, but they look really nice. I'm sure it is great (their products are usually top quality).

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
Cant edit posts on here? Anyway, I meant to say is the JKS kit really worth that much in comparision to the TF 2.5 with shocks or even the Eibach AT Lift which I've read wonderful reviews on. I've had many many cars and a lot of them ran Eibach components over the past 16 years, so they are definitely one I'm considering as well.
JKS was barely more than a "put-together" TF lift with a forum code discount from ExtremeTerrain. I just ended up getting a 2.5 Rough Country Rear Links to add to the lift and Fixed Front Lower Control Arms, which you have to get for the TF lift as well.

TF I understand, but Eibach while it is good for imports for lowering, has no head in the game for solid axle vehicles and lift design/engineering. JKS has been in the game for the longest time with pioneering innovative products and has the backing of parent company FOX suspensions.

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
I disagree. If he lifts to 2.5" and wants 37's, just as an example, he MAY have wanted a 3.5"...and so on. Probably more prudent to figure out what tire size he wants, then plan the lift carefully thereafter.

I haven't ran the JKS lift, but they look really nice. I'm sure it is great (their products are usually top quality).
Your absolutely correct that if you knew what you want for tire size, the lift should follow the tires.

But in his case, he said "I don't want anything crazy", he also mentions "small lift" in his original post.

Therefore, I concluded that a 2.5" lift would take care of all his needs, up to a 35" tire. I think it was a reasonable assumption...

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions I'm off to investigate
Mike
Let us know what you end up with, TF, MC, RK, JKS, AEV, RE Monotube version are all good, fairly complete kits.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts