Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys and gals. My leaf springs are about as flat as my ex's chest:)flipoff:) and I want suggestions of what I should go with. Eventually I want to go SOA but thats not in the budget right now. So I want to buy some leafs that I can put in now but still use later when I go SOA. Is that possible? I dont know a whole lot when it comes to suspension. Im just trying to get an idea as to what Im getting myself into.

So info Im looking for: Best type of kit.
What all I need.
Difficulty of project.
General outline of instructions.
Will I have to do any other mods? Brakelines etc

Right now I have probably a 2" BL, 31" tires, 2.5L, ax15
Thanks for any help guys!:punk:

·
Registered
453 Posts
it all depends on what size rubber you plan on runnin...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may go with 33's once I go SOA but lets go with the 31's since thats what I have now

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
tough spot, tires aren't cheap. i'd only wanna buy one set, the 33's. but at least you're trying to buy parts you can use later, instead of parts that are gonna get junked. i eventually ran soa with 2" springs, its pretty big, and its a huge jump from a small jeep. if you're set on lifting it now, i'd get a quality 2" spring tops. ome, i've had good luck with rough country leafs, and so have some people on here. tough country sucks.

you will need new shocks, that won't be useable later. so you're buying tires, and shocks you won't be keeping. that is probably enough right there to practically finish the soa, from a 2" lift, get where i'm coming from.

its hard to wait, but its best to do it one time, and go from there. but if you wanna do it now, find 1.5 or 2" springs, and when you are ready for soa, they will be nice and broke in and softer which won't make it so huge when you do it.

you won't ever regret soa. good luck

·
Registered
651 Posts
soa, I wish I did

1 - 5 of 5 Posts