Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2010 JKUS, and I have jeep envy of the 2012's. I really like haveing 35's on my vehicles, and especially my JKU.

I want a 2012 JKUR, and I would love to have my lift and tires transfered as well.

I purchased the jeep lifted with 12k miles and I still dont know what type of lift I have. I now only have 19k miles on it.

Will the Stealership let me keep my old jeep for a couple of days if this can be done?

I really want the new one so I can pick the options and get exactly what I want. I also want 4.1 gears and the new powertrain.

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
No one can say if your dealer will allow that, only if their dealer let them. Talk to your salesman and put that into the trade-in terms. You may not get as much on trade in value though. I have traded a truck before that I kept it overnight to swap out stereos, but a lift is something completely different. ALOT more can happen, I would guess not, but worth asking. Good Luck and keep us updated!

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I purchased the jeep lifted with 12k miles and I still dont know what type of lift I have. I now only have 19k miles on it.

Will the Stealership let me keep my old jeep for a couple of days if this can be done?

I really want the new one so I can pick the options and get exactly what I want. I also want 4.1 gears and the new powertrain.
Yeah, that's gonna be determined separately by each dealer. I'm wondering, though...if you bought your '10 lifted, and plan on removing the lift and tires, what are you gonna put in it's place? Will ALL of the '12 parts transfer over?

Pretty sure the dealer will refuse a '10-in-a-box. :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kbwwolf said:
Yeah, that's gonna be determined separately by each dealer. I'm wondering, though...if you bought your '10 lifted, and plan on removing the lift and tires, what are you gonna put in it's place? Will ALL of the '12 parts transfer over?

Pretty sure the dealer will refuse a '10-in-a-box. :D
I would think I would buy parts from someone elses take off from their jku. Stock lift, and stock tires for a sport and put it on my 10'

Then put my lift and tires on the 12, and sell the stock 12 lift to someone else.

I really want a 12 jkur with my lift and tires.

Or I could always just buy new lift to go with a new 12.

Just thinkin'

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
The '12 model has a unique exhaust that makes lifting it different from earlier models. Some have had to use extenders to move the y-pipe back a bit. Others has bought replacement y-pipes. This is something you need to really research. I am sure the stock components from the '12 will swap to the '10. I am not sure that the lift from the '10 will swap to the '12 without exhaust mods.

Bob K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts