Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to put a lift and some larger tires on my jeep. I was looking at a 2" lift with BFG 33's. I talked to this guy and he said I could put 12.5's with spacers and the tires won't rub...Does he know what he's talking about? Appreciate any feedback:banghead:

·
Registered
449 Posts
2" lift is generally considered a little small for 33s, but I believe there are a number of members that do so just fine every day. It all comes down to what you want to do. Offroad? Probably want a bigger lift, as a little flex will kill your fenders with 33s and a 2" lift. If you stay on the asphalt, I think you'd be fine with 2" and 33s.

As to the spacers, again, I dont doubt it would fit. Is it optimal for off roading, probably not, but maybe thats not what you intend to do with it. Its your jeep, after all :).

·
Registered
295 Posts
1" or 1.25" body lift and a 2" coil spacers will get you started nicely

·
Registered
188 Posts
I went with the 2" lift and 33s. It is ok for on road. Can't step off road though:( I intend on adding the 1"BL - but I must make sure it will still fit in my garage- in a week or two. To gain the space for flex I intend on doing a DIY highline hood.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If your are asking me - in the profile pic. It is a 2" BB with Skyjacker hydros- 15x8 steel wheels with 4" BS and 33x12.50x15 duratracs.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
I would like to put a lift and some larger tires on my jeep. I was looking at a 2" lift with BFG 33's. I talked to this guy and he said I could put 12.5's with spacers and the tires won't rub...Does he know what he's talking about? Appreciate any feedback:banghead:
to prevent rubbing the fenders, a 2" lift will require 2" bumpstop extension to run 33s. you'll gain no uptravel.

the spacers he is talking about is wheel spacers. adding 1.25" wheel spacers will prevent the tire from rubbing the rear spring perch and control arms by effectively reducing the backspacing. same thing aftermarket wheels do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts