Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks in advance. 4 inch lift adjustable slight curve lower control arms, stock uppers . 1.5 transfer case drop, SYE with double u-joints front and rear. Would it be costly to lower the jeep 1.5 inches in order to look good on 265/75/16 tires ? Trying to reduce the rolling mass on the dana 35. That will be my intention to stregthen and re-gear the Dana 35 in the next year or so. Chuck

Attachments

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
First thing I noticed in your post is that you should not be needing that 1.5" T/C drop if you have a SYE/CV. I would remove the T/C drop and get your belly clearance back.

I would leave the rest "as-is" and just focus on the super35, or getting an 8.8 or d44.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response

Hopefully the PICs work so I am thinking this is an SYE. Would I simply remove the spacers and jack it back up then baton down with original bolts? Not sure which PO did Mods. Thanks Chuck

Attachments

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Yes, that is a SYE/CV...remove the spacers, verify that your pinion angle matches your driveline angle, then and take it for a test drive.

·
Super Moderator
6,897 Posts
yep, and then adjust the control arms so your pinion angle is proper. the shaft should be inline with the pinion and pivot at the CV joint

1 - 7 of 7 Posts