Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Tj Sahara 2003 Is Currently Stock, And Wanted A Lift, So I Bought The 2" Bb With Skyjacker Nitro Shocks And Was Wandering If Can I Fit Bf 33x12.5 On Them, Or What The Largest Tire I Can Fit On Is.

·
I got nothin'
1,900 Posts
Probably 32" tires are the largest you will be able to fit without rubbing. 33's will require another 1.5-2" of lift in most cases.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
X3
I have followed this advice....
1" lift = 31" tires
2" lift = 32" tires
3" lift = 33" tires
4" lift = 35" tires..
You get the point.

·
Registered
29 Posts
jherrin, I noticed you have the stock rims, did you have to use spacers to get more backspacing or did you get enough from the lift to prevent rubbing. Eventually I want what you did for mine.

PS Jeep looks great

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
jherrin, I noticed you have the stock rims, did you have to use spacers to get more backspacing or did you get enough from the lift to prevent rubbing. Eventually I want what you did for mine.

PS Jeep looks great

thanks first off, and all I had to do was get a set of 1 1/4 spacers from ebay and install them then mount the wheels to them. It has no rubs and I have had no problems thus far!!

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
X3
I have followed this advice....
1" lift = 31" tires
2" lift = 32" tires
3" lift = 33" tires
4" lift = 35" tires..
You get the point.
4" = 35" tires?

i have a 2" BB and a 2" BL and had still some rubbing with 32s. now the front bumpstops are extended about 0.5" and the rubbing s gone.
how should 35s fit without destroying my flares when i drive over a curb?

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
extended bumpstops.

stacey david put 35's on the "tomb raider jeep" on his show with only a 4" lift. he went off road and did some muddin' and some mild flexin dippin tires down in some deep holes with no rubbing.

you should extend the bumpstops if your rubbing 32's.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
with only 4" lift and 35s the bumpstops have to be extended that much that a stock TJ flexes very much better.
that´s only for show and not for really heavy offroad use.

a buddy has 35s with a 6" fabtech LA lift and a 3" BL. before he only had a 1" BL, but he changed it to a 3" BL because he had very much tire rubbing.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
ROFL! try telling Mr. Clifford that! his wifes jeep has 3.5" of lift with 35's and his wifes rig has seen plenty of rocks!
the only thing i wanted to say is that 4" lift and 35s are not a good setup for maximum flexing.
when i must extend my bumpstops a bit to avoid rubbing (and i only have small 32s), how much would i have top extend them with 35s? in my opinion that doesn´t make sense.
in german offroad parks good flexing is much more important than a bit more ground clearance under the axles.

it´s another thing if you have 4" lift and flatfenders or something like that. then there is enough space for flexing.

this is with 35s, 6" LA lift and 3" BL:

do you have a flexing pic with 35s and only 4"lift?

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
just check out the "flexing" thread and you'll see Mr. Cliffords wifes jeep with only 3.5" of lift and 35's.
i was talking about 4" lift and stock fenders. we aren´t allowed to modify our fenders here in germany. that´s why i always talk about stock fenders.

with these modified and cutted fenders 35s and 4" lift are ok... :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.