Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first time poster long time lurker.

After having my 2door 2011 JK (Sahara tan:D lucky me) for almost 2 years I've finally decided its time to get around to lifting and modding it.

I'm making this thread as to look for
Critiques or suggestions as to what I have already in my head!

Looking to do the TF 2.5" lift, will do the work myself, looks simple enough.
Plan on running 35s with 17inch wheels.
On top of this I would like to add bushwhacker pocket fender flares as to help with that little bit of tire clearance (and aesthetics of
Course ;))

I'm looking at the super swamper TrXus MT as my tire choice, due to what I've read as superb performance in almost all off road scenarios. I'm in NY but will be moving back to Austin in the next year so I' chose this tire based off its usage for snow and for Mudding when I'm back home. Suggestions or recommendations will be listened to and happily replied to.

I'm currently looking for a tire carrier that'll do my vehicle justice don't want that 35 killing someone at high speeds.

While my jeep is a DD that carries me roughly 50-60miles a day I still would like to get an aggressive tire for not only performance
Off road but for aesthetics.

If I'm missing anything or you guys have any suggestions ill be
Checking on this constantly! Thanks again :
^^

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Everything but your tire choice sounds good. Those tires won't last at all being a daily driver. Look into something like the bfg km2 or similar mud tire

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, yeah you're very right and that was my main concern seeing as how ill ruin tread on an expensive tire for the sake of a look, KM2s I've been looking at and they see a popular choice. Would be easier if I saw them in person

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, that's no good. Definitely will avoid this tire then, anyone have a suggestion on an aggressive tire that wouldn't be awful for a DD!?

·
Registered
873 Posts
You could rock a set of Duratrac or Open Country AT2 - the Toyo, in particular, come with either a 50k or 65k tread life warranty.

They don't look as bad a$$ as a set of GoodYear MT/R w/ Kevlar or BFG KM2 - but they will be better as a daily driver.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You could rock a set of Duratrac or Open Country AT2 - the Toyo, in particular, come with either a 50k or 65k tread life warranty.

They don't look as bad a$$ as a set of GoodYear MT/R w/ Kevlar or BFG KM2 - but they will be better as a daily driver.
Thanks man, ill definitely look into these. Not a huge fan of duratec based off looks only. Good warranty though, I'm probably going to put out towards a less friendly DD just because I want to be looking at something more appealing and useful when I'm not DDing.

Thanks for
All the input guys! If anyone has a tire carrier/bumper they suggest I'm all ears! Been putting together a lot of this jeep in my mind, haha.

·
Registered
545 Posts
KM2's

Awesome, yeah you're very right and that was my main concern seeing as how ill ruin tread on an expensive tire for the sake of a look, KM2s I've been looking at and they see a popular choice. Would be easier if I saw them in person
I run KM2's for DD and off road. I love them.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Glad to Help

Glad to help. I must add that the KM2's really do a great job in the mud and really aren't that noisy on the road. Just beware, they will throw the mud up (they are kinda self cleaning- which I like). But I guess, many Mud tires are going to throw the mud.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts