Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright - here is a picture of my 91... she's in great condition! - 31'' all terrains with no rubbing, but now i think its time for a lift - and I'm asking you guys....because your geniuses.

what size lift should i go...

Its my Daily Driver, so i don't want to go over 33''...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i was thinking 1 1/4'' shackles and 2.5'' suspension - because i don't plan on mudding her often, ( I'm in VA beach) other than that, whats your input, and if you can , post your pics of your jeep with lift so i can see whats up!

thanks guys...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Personally, I think 4 inches and 33's are a good combo on the Wranglers. I only went 2.5 with 31's because of the four cylinder and my intended use of the Jeep. I would go all suspension; not a fan of body lifts or lift shackles, though they would help you avoid an SYE possibly.

Nice Jeep, BTW.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man,

i guess 4'' is a good way to go, but with that you need the SYE and driveshaft right?

plus brake lines...

am i right on that??? thanks man -

also - best places to get the lifts/parts??

·
Registered
357 Posts
Some people do fine with a TC drop kit, and some end up going SYE to get rid of vibes. Just like with a 2.5", some need a TC drop kit and some ride fine without it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Congratulations. But a lot of guys have, and posted above are some of the things they have claimed have eliminated them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet guys, I'm excited - i've been looking at lift kits and everything - 4'' rough country seems to be the way to go.... I'm just adding up the parts now... shopping around - where are the best places to look for

Lift kit - ( shocks??? )

tires/wheels?

thanks again guys, have fun jeepin'

·
Registered
357 Posts
If you are going Rough Country, I would check first for a vendor or RC rep on this site. If you don't have any luck, PM me and I will hook you up with my source, who will give you a good deal, better than I could find anywhere. The lift will come with shocks.

I get my tires from discounttiredirect.com, which has good prices and free shipping, and they sell wheels, too. Ebay would be a good source as well.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ive had good luck with my BDS 3" lift... comes with a TC drop kit and has a lifetime no b/s warranty.... i think i got it for around $700

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just added the 4" RC to my 93 came with all the parts. Brake lines relocated without new lines. Been on about a week no problems ,no vibe. Did have to slightly trim out the shifter opening after the the transfer case drop though. Cost me $520.00 delivered ordered from Rough Country web site.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just got the RC 4 inch lift went on great love the look I got it on Ebay 400.00 to my door complete kit break line relocate brackets shocks only thing I had to buy we're shock boots

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just got the RC 4 inch lift went on great love the look I got it on Ebay 400.00 to my door complete kit break line relocate brackets shocks only thing I had to buy we're shock boots
If you can find that deal again you had better jump on it . Thats cheaper than sale price before shipping or tax.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I almost bought my lift from jeeperz. It is a good price.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
my two cents....

... Nice looking YJ. I'm thinking if you're running 31s and not rubbing, you already have a small lift. Say 2.5" or shackles. Also, if it's your Daily Driver, don't molest it any further. Looks like it should do just fine for light off-roading.
003.jpg
My YJ with SOA lift on stock springs. Not a Daily Driver, could be but, those tires are expensive.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts