Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the following items.

1. Pro Comp Series 97 Rock Crawler Xtreme 1-Piece Flat Black Steel with 5x5 Bolt Pattern in 17x9 Size & 4.25 Backspacing Qty 5 - Quadratec

2. Rough Country 2.5" Series II Suspension Spacer Lift Kit without Shocks - RC-634

3. CooperMastercraft - Courser MXT

$179.99 for the lift
$480 for 5 wheels, lug nuts and center caps
$1300 for 5 Mastercraft MXT tires mounted and balanced
$1900

What do yall think? What else would I need?

Not sure how good the wheels are but I like the price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hmm the only thing I can think of is the list states you need 4.5" back spacing for a 35" tire. Is that the size you are looking at?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking the rear tire will no longer fit on the stock carrier so I guess I will have to get a new one

·
Super Moderator
14,523 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
So, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the following items.

1. Pro Comp Series 97 Rock Crawler Xtreme 1-Piece Flat Black Steel with 5x5 Bolt Pattern in 17x9 Size & 4.25 Backspacing Qty 5 - Quadratec

2. Rough Country 2.5" Series II Suspension Spacer Lift Kit without Shocks - RC-634

3. CooperMastercraft - Courser MXT

$179.99 for the lift
$480 for 5 wheels, lug nuts and center caps
$1300 for 5 Mastercraft MXT tires mounted and balanced
$1900

What do yall think? What else would I need?

Not sure how good the wheels are but I like the price.
Thats little high of a lift height to not add shocks to. Does it come with a extension or no?

RK

·
Super Moderator
14,523 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It does come with extensions and I will check on the other wheels. My plans are within a year to get some better shocks or just may wait till Rancho has their deal next spring.

I want be doing any off-roading, just doing the lift and tires for looks. My brother in law has a JK on 35 and my girls think his jeep is better soooo I have to do the same!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I run those wheels on mine and had a set on my TJ. Both sets balanced well and no problems with them. Certainly there are better options, but if on a budget they will serve their purpose. Eventually I will invest in a good aluminum wheel, and can probably sell mine for 200 used and get half my money back. Not a bad deal in my opinion.

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
you should be good. the only part is trying to find if they have those tires in stock. When I was doing my tire search (last week), I went to several dealers and they told me that it was about a 1-3 month or maybe longer for Toyo AT2 in the size I want, and duratracs (not on my list) were about a month wait as well.

I ended up getting BFG KO2s.

btw, tires will make/break your wallet in terms of mpg. stay light and I recommend the duratracs in 315/70/17

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
I understand your doing this on a shoestring budget and you are trying to keep up with the Jones' but your pushing the upper bounds of a spacer lift and running on the ragged edge of where steering and suspension cross coupling leads to poor ride qualities. This includes the tires. Those tires are low end tires even if they are owned by Cooper.

You will end up with a working lifted JK with big tires but don't be surprised if you are unhappy with the ride quality.

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, after thinking about everything and what my jeep will be used for my plans have changed.

I bought these wheels last night along with this Teraflex 1.5 budget boost.

http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Wheels-Jeep-...n=PXA7031-7973

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/terafle...f-1155200.html

My question now is should I run 285 75, 295 70 or 305 70 tire? Since the wheels are 17x9, I was thinking the 305 70 17 would look nice! I'm probably now going with an all terrain tire instead of a mud terrain.

I think this set up will be a much better DD!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts