Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I'm back from overseas, I figure it's time to have some fun with my completely stock 2010 wrangler sport (2dr). I live on a ranch, so being off road is almost an everyday thing. However, it is also currently serving as my daily driver as well. I'm ready to lift and I'm looking for JK owners who have seen and experimented a little more than I have. My endgame is to have a trail toy that is still practical on paved roads. (Your classic weekend warriormobile I suppose.) I'm looking for a lift between 3 and 4 inches. Nothing too extreme that would require a driveline change or a lot of additional relpacements. I have some experience with suspension work, but not a ton. Could this be a do it yourself project? Or would you reccommend paying a shop to do it for you? As far as wheels and tires go, I'm looking for a matte black wheel with polished lugs in either a 16" or 17" size. As far as tire sizes and makes go, Im completely open to suggestions. Any reccommendations you can give in terms of brand, size, and other requirements would be greatly appreciated. Pictures with examples would be very welcome as well. Thanks for the help and patience guys.

·
Registered
18 Posts
First off thanks for your service, I just got back a month ago. I'm sporting a 09 Wrangler X 2 door. I'm running a 3" BDS suspension lift with 33" Goodyear Duratrec's. For rims I picked the atx artillery because its teflon coated and I run them in the winter. Good luck with your Jeep.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Welcome. :wavey:

Sounds like good times. I lack the knowledge to offer specific recommendations (in fact, I'm looking forward to seeing some of the knowledgable folks provide you with some good answers), but I'm thinking you're going to need to replace those driveshafts with a 3 to 4 inch lift.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts