Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K please dont bash me, im on a budget here please. I already have a 2" lift coil spring spacers. I am looking to order a lift but want 5-6 inches total. Would i be ok to order a 3" suspension lift and add a 1.25 bl and put my 2" coil spring spacers in?? That would give me a total of 6.25". Also or would it be better to do a 2.5" suspension lift with the 2" spacers and a 1.25" bl. That would give me 5.75 lift. Ok say i did this by ordering the 3" lift kit, what extra would i have to get if i put 2" spacers in? What if i ordered the 3" suspension lift abd put spacers on, what extra would i have to buy? Remember i have a 2" spacer kit now, i want to get 5-6 total? Please dont bash me here, im new to the game i just want to get a total of 5 to 6" here without ordering a 5 to 6" lift suspension kit? Please help me choose here thanks in advance and yes im gonna upgradevmy steering and axles

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
K please dont bash me, im on a budget here please. I already have a 2" lift coil spring spacers. I am looking to order a lift but want 5-6 inches total. Would i be ok to order a 3" suspension lift and add a 1.25 bl and put my 2" coil spring spacers in?? That would give me a total of 6.25". Also or would it be better to do a 2.5" suspension lift with the 2" spacers and a 1.25" bl. That would give me 5.75 lift. Ok say i did this by ordering the 3" lift kit, what extra would i have to get if i put 2" spacers in? What if i ordered the 3" suspension lift abd put spacers on, what extra would i have to buy? Remember i have a 2" spacer kit now, i want to get 5-6 total? Please dont bash me here, im new to the game i just want to get a total of 5 to 6" here without ordering a 5 to 6" lift suspension kit? Please help me choose here thanks in advance and yes im gonna upgradevmy steering and axles
6" is pretty tall. If your pretty set on going that high than i think you would be better off saving up a little more and going with 4" springs with the 1.25" BL and ditching the spacers. You probably know this already but just making sure, do you have adjustable control arms, trackbar, and a SYE? those are all things you need to lift that high. I know i'm missing a few other things as well.

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
That's pretty darn tall. Are you looking to run some massive tires? Are your axles, gears, steering, and brakes up to the task? Plan on doing any off roading with off camber side hills?

Just a few questions to ask yourself.

I would also skip the budget boost, and go with a 3" or 4" spring lift and the body lift.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Moabrubi said:
6" is pretty tall. If your pretty set on going that high than i think you would be better off saving up a little more and going with 4" springs with the 1.25" BL and ditching the spacers. You probably know this already but just making sure, do you have adjustable control arms, trackbar, and a SYE? those are all things you need to lift that high. I know i'm missing a few other things as well.
x2. it seems ok in theory, number wise, but I dont think the suspension will take kindly to just adding hockey pucks. easiest to go with 4.5/5 suspension lift and 1.25 BL assuming you get track bar and tc drop etc. what tires were you planing on running anyway

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Adding spacers on top of a spring lift is not a good idea. This question gets asked a lot and there are a number of threads. Do a search and you will find there are technical reasons not to do it.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
You can't do 6" on a budget. A lot more to that size lift than suspension components. SYE, drive shaft, brake lines. You go bashing pieces together, you end up with an unsafe vehicle.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Running 6" of total lift is not cheap when it gets to upgrades...

Axles
gears
steering
brakes
tires/wheels

Let alone the components needed to get you to 6"

BL
MML
ACA's
Trackbars
DPA
coils
brackets
brakelines
shocks
SYE
Double Cardin Driveshaft

I may have missed some(tossed in combo stuff as well)... but you get the idea

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
To avoid coil bind with 2" spacers, your bump stops would be so long that they would void out any gained clearance in your wheel wells.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts