Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the deal, I have a 2013 10A JKUR and I want to lift it and put tires and the like on it... The problem is that I have completely fallen in love with one particular lift which is going to stretch my budget. The lift I intend to purchase is the EVO DTD front (with single tube coil overs), the EVO Extreme high clearance long arm upgrade, and the EVOlever rear coil over system. The issue is that due to budget constraints and the cost of this system I will either have to wait until approximately May to get everything (wheels, tires, drive shafts, gears) or I could get the lift now (with drive shafts) and run my stock 10A tires (~32's) and lower the lift as far as it would go to about 4". I could probably swing tires now as well but I would be running on stock gearing (4.10) if I didn't have to have it installed...:facepalm:

So I know most of you that are reading this are fully thinking that I'm certifiable but this is the Delia that I am in.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just out of curiosity why do you want such a high end suspension if you are going to have to budget everything else out? Do you have big plans in the future or do you just want a bad azz lift with coilovers?

Honest question here.
Understandable question, and the answer is both. I, like so many others, don't have the capital to dump all the cash I want to in my rig at one time unless I wait and honestly I hate waiting. My plans for this Jeep go like this, I am currently trussing the front axle with the Artec system. After the first of the year I will have the cash for beadlocks, gears, Chromoly axles, fenders... We will stick with 37's for a couple of years (still a DD) then when we buy our next Jeep we will turn this into a dedicated trail machine and go to 60's (if we haven't already do to breakage) and 40's.

So that's the overall plan and if I wait until ~ May I can do everything at once, I'm just not sure I want to wait... :facepalm:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts