Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I need a lift, it's unavoidable. The question is can I avoid the cost of replacing the rims and tires while doing the lift. I'd like to be able to do them 6 months to a year apart considering how much they cost.

The long-arm lift 3.5" is going to cost me in the neighborhood of $3k and 5 rims plus 5 35" tires will run me a pretty penny as well.

I'm currently running 18" rubicon rims with 32" mud terrain tires (2013 stock). My question is - can I get a 3.5" long-arm lift and have it still look appropriate (and more importantly, work properly) on the existing rims and tires, allowing me to run lifted for 6-12 months before upgrading the rims and tires?

I'll ask more questions about rims/tires later, but ground clearance is the #1 thing for me after I bolt on some skid plates.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Only going with a 3.5" lift isn't gonna make it look stupid running 32" tires. You'll have some space between the fenders and the tires, but it shouldn't look too bad, especially if your only gonna have them on for a few months. I'd go for it

·
Registered
108 Posts
Go for it if you've got the money set aside, a lot of us have to build a little at a time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts