Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's been a year since I got my first jeep a 09 Sahara and it's time to put some new shoes on her I'm trying to go with some 33s on either my stock rims or if I can find a good deal with rims and tires I would go that route. And also lifting her 2.5-3 inches is there any suggestions on what lift I should get? I do off-road once in while nothing crazy but sometimes friends tend to make you feel like you can do any trail. Not trying to spend to much money since I get married in 2 months but I have to do it now before I get married or I will be running stock for ever. image-2615775144.jpg

image-165812319.jpg

·
Registered
510 Posts
Go with rock krawler springs 3.5 and some shocks, then slowly build up your suspension from there. Also when your ready for new heavy duty track bars and stuff like that let me know, my buddy from. Excessive industries makes them and other off road components.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go with rock krawler springs 3.5 and some shocks, then slowly build up your suspension from there. Also when your ready for new heavy duty track bars and stuff like that let me know, my buddy from. Excessive industries makes them and other off road components.

You don't think it would make my jeep sit way to high I was thinking maybe a 2.5 lift. It is also my daily driver and where would I find the best bargain on a rock crawler set up?

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
Too high given its a 2 door and he only wants to run 33s. I run 37 inch tires on RK X Factor 2.5 inch lift.

A level kit is enough for 33s. Some folks also like Ranchos 2 inch kit.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I agree a 3.5" lift kit is too much just to accommodate 33" tires. It is a perfect fit for 35s and will fit 37s. Go with a budget boost or a lift up to 2.5".

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Too high given its a 2 door and he only wants to run 33s. I run 37 inch tires on RK X Factor 2.5 inch lift. A level kit is enough for 33s. Some folks also like Ranchos 2 inch kit.

That's exactly what I was thinking I wanted to run 35s but I was given a really good deal with my tires I couldn't pass it up

·
Registered
510 Posts
Rock Krawler springs will run you 390 shipped to your door. Spring spacers are junk no offense to anyone running them just my opinion if your going to lift it I would do it the right way the first time will save you money in the long run.

·
Super Moderator
16,386 Posts
Rock Krawler springs will run you 390 shipped to your door. Spring spacers are junk no offense to anyone running them just my opinion if your going to lift it I would do it the right way the first time will save you money in the long run.
Just buying 3.5 springs is NOT the way to do a proper lift... Plain and simple, that's bad advice.

OP, with 33's you can look and perform great with a 2.5" lift. You don't even need to be that high for proper clearance, etc. but a 2.5 and 33's is a great look and performer.

Check this thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/most-popular-lift-shock-setup-on-wf-1136938.html

This is StarBrite's ride with the TF 2.5 and a set of 33's.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I know a lot of buddy's that just run the springs with some fox shocks and have had no problems.
No track bars or relocation brackets, sway bar links or control arm geometry correction? Have you driven a Jeep that was lifted properly to know the difference in ride and handling?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yes I have but when your on a budget you do what you have to do and slowly build up your Suspension to make it proper. I can get you nice heavy duty track bars for 250 a pop from my buddy at. Excessive industries

·
Super Moderator
16,386 Posts
Yes I have but when your on a budget you do what you have to do and slowly build up your Suspension to make it proper. I can get you nice heavy duty track bars for 250 a pop from my buddy at. Excessive industries
Shocks and proper bump stops? Axle centering? Brake lines? Roll center? Caster would be destroyed at 3.5 with no correction. At 3.5, you can't just willy nilly it and expect good results.

And the awesome JKS front track bar is only $189 shipped... Just sayin'.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I agree about building it properly, but if it means waiting and saving up for the proper parts then that is the correct way to build it. Or do a cheap budget boost until you can afford to do it properly.

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
I would do a puck lift all day long before I did an incomplete or cheap spring lift. It is bad advice to half ass a spring lift. Big Jeeps are not a budget sport.

And we have plenty of great vendors here as well as local shops - I certainly would not just buy a no name suspension from "someone's buddy".

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
This is terrible advice. Mods should remove your post just so you don't feed bad info to people that don't know any better.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Shocks and proper bump stops? Axle centering? Brake lines? Roll center? Caster would be destroyed at 3.5 with no correction. At 3.5, you can't just willy nilly it and expect good results. And the awesome JKS front track bar is only $189 shipped... Just sayin'.
Agreed.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts