Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add a 2.5" lift on my 2015 JKU Rubicon.

Guidelines:

1.) mostly for looks light off roading.
2.) it's my everyday drive so needs to maintain good ride.
3.) plan to add some 305x65x17 tires BFG AT on factory wheels (w/spacer).

Questions?

Rubicon Express or something else?

Until I upgrade tires will lift look odd with factory tires?

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
RE is OK but Teraflex and AEV provide better quality and road manners Also consider, RockKrawler and Metalcloak if you are going to push it off road.

The stock tires don't look that bad with a 2.5" but its a matter of what you think not the rest of us. :)

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
Wait to do the lift until you do the tires.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
In my opinion, the 2.5 isn't horrible on stock tires, but it can have a pretty big fender gap.

Here's a thread on them:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f354/pics-please-jkus-2-5-lift-on-stock-32s-1129106.html

This one looks really good to me, but it also has the 1.5" wheel spacers that help a lot.

As for the lift, the RE is a decent value lift and if absolute lowest cost is in play then it's a good choice if you choose the mono shocks.

I suggest checking out our most popular lift thread:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/most-popular-lift-shock-setup-on-wf-1136938.html

You can even fine tune with shocks of your choice, etc.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I did mods as I had the money. That way it didn't seem that I dropped too much money at one time. Installed lift in Sept and had tires put on a few weeks ago.

image-4198778163.jpg

I thought it may look awkward having more room in the wheel well but it looked good to me. Would do it the same way again.

·
Registered
373 Posts
How does the lift affect towing?
I have a 12 JKR with AEV 2.5 DualSport XT with geo brackets, front and rear bumpers (with tire carrier) and Warn winch. Riding on orig. Rubicon tires until I wear them out and get 35's. Don't mind the look. IT TOWS GREAT. Got AEV bumper because Roadmaster makes kit for that bumper (same bumper on Call of Duty.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice!

I think I will move forward in a phased approach.

Buy/hold: Shocks and wheel spacers. 5100 series
But and build: 2.5" lift - leaning towards Teraflex

Going to build myself. Not paying $500 for this. I do shocks, struts and brake jobs on all my autos.

Rest

Tire upgrade on factory wheels (5) over time. $$$$ BFG AT

Don

1 - 9 of 9 Posts