Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchasd a 2016 Willys. I'm looking to raise the body up a few inches not for clearance but mostly for looks. Looking for any advice and I really don't want to spend a ton.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just get a spacer/puck lift, also known as "budget boost", plenty of manufacturers are offering 2-3" lifts in this class for a few hundred bucks. Install is doable yourself within a day if you are decent with wrenching or you can pay a shop a few hundred to install it for you. A body lift of more than an inch might look ugly.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I recently got a 2016 JKUWW and I put the Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit on. I love the way it looks and IMO it rides better than stock.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I worded that incorrectly. It doesn't have to be a body lift.
Good. Stay away from body lifts. Problematic for a lot of reasons.

I agree with the spacer lift. A Teraflex 1.5 inch leveling kit (2 inches in the front 1 inch in the rear) costs less than $150 if you shop around. You can run stock shocks and it won't mess with caster enough to matter. Will ride like stock and you can easily fit 33's if you want.

Or go up to a 2.5 inch spacer lift. Will ride like stock, you'll need new shocks but you probably won't have to worry about caster issues or exhaust spacers. Probably.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts