Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my rubicon it came with a five and a half inch rubicon express lift on it. I was woundering what all I'd have to replace if I wanted to lift it more? If anybody can help it would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
5 1/2" is pretty good, any taller and there's more of a chance to roll it, especially in off camber situations.

It's hard to know what would need replacing, depending on how much taller you want it.

In all honesty, if I were you I would either keep the 5.5" lift or lower to the 4.5" lift for low COG and then get some Hy-line tube fenders to fit bigger tires.

Chris

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
If it is a long arm, just coils. If it is a short arm then it may require goilg to long arm set-up.

Donn

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
what size tires are you running.. and what are you wanting to run?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
right now i'm running 35's. i know i wanna go bigger but i'm not sure how high i can lift and how big the tires can be before pa law has a problem with it

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
how much bigger? you gotta think of axles and gears and stretching when you cross that line..

low cog, hi-lined fenders or tube fenders, and a crap ton of armor.. sounds better :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how can i find out if my axles were upgraded. cuz i bought my jeep with everything it has on and in it cuz someone put some serious money into this thing and i'd like to know what all is done to it cuz i think i got a great deal on this thing

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Redneck07 said:
how can i find out if my axles were upgraded. cuz i bought my jeep with everything it has on and in it cuz someone put some serious money into this thing and i'd like to know what all is done to it cuz i think i got a great deal on this thing
Look at the differentials. Rubicon has D44 s stock

Here's a picture

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Redneck07 said:
ok i think thats whats on mine i'm just not sure what gears are in it
Stock gear 4.10 . Jack up the back end and spin the wheels one time and see how many times the drive shaft turns. Where did you get it perhaps you can ask the previous owner what he did

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
oh yah.. hi-line that baby and drop her some

i just looked at your pic in your profile.. definitely would look into a lower COG

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How much do the hi-line kits run and how hard are they to install? I like the hight now but I haven't had it out crawling or anything yet so it might change after after I do that

1 - 20 of 29 Posts