Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Unlimited Rubicon with an AEV 3.5 lift on it and am trying to decide on tires..

But I need to stay below the height of the garage door.
So if any of you have a JKU with a 3.5 lift on it and either 35 or 37 tires can you please measure your overall height so that I can see if it will fit through the door..

thanks in advance....

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
You will have a bit more work to do than measuring height if you are thinking 37s.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should be able to fit 37s with out issue.. at least that is what I am told.. '
biggest thing for me Is that I still want it to fit in the garage.. as for the wheeling.. I most surely need the 37s...

·
Registered
461 Posts
Just went out to the garage and took quick measurements. Jeeps highest point on mine (light bar) is at ~77" thats a 4" lift on 35s. Garage door measures ~84".

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
Have you considered all the other stuff you will need to do to run 37s? No fun having big tires even if they fit in the garage if all they do is stay in the garage.

I just barely clear my parking garage at work on mine .

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
My garage door is 122" tall, so I've never really worried about the overall height of my Jeep. But, since you ask, with 3" lift and 37s, the tallest point on my Jeep is 77" tall.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Fitting in a garage and whether they rub or not are the minor things to think about when putting 37's on.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Still have factory antenna on mine which is the highest point. 2.5" Metalcloak with 35"Toyo mt and I am 80.5" at the tip of antenna. My lift netted a good bit more than the 2.5 as the jeep is light.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great.. Thank you all.. 77 sounds like the number to use..
I am stuck with an 80 inch height on my door..
but with 3 inches to spare. I am happy.. 37s are looking good right now..

:drinks:

·
Super Moderator
14,549 Posts
Fitting in a garage and whether they rub or not are the minor things to think about when putting 37's on.
Bingo. Especially if you need 37's for the wheeling you do... You need a lot more.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Great.. Thank you all.. 77 sounds like the number to use..
I am stuck with an 80 inch height on my door..
but with 3 inches to spare. I am happy.. 37s are looking good right now..

:drinks:
Remember a lift marketed as a 3" is with heavy front and rear bumpers and heavier spare. A 3" lift on stock bumpers will net you a lot more height.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I'm assuming Noob and I measured to the tops of our hard top, not to the top of the antenna like GAWhiteRubi did.

An AEV 3.5" lift will give you "at least" 3.5" of lift. Last year I had a 2013 JKUR with a 3.5" liift and 35s. When I parked it next to a co-workers JKU with a 4" Pro Comp lift and 35s, my Jeep was at least an inch taller than his.

Worst case scenario, it ends up being just a tad too tall. That gives you an excuse to tell your wife you need those steel bumpers, rocker guards, skid plates, and a winch. :) Or, just buy a short set of 37s, like BFGs.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm assuming Noob and I measured to the tops of our hard top, not to the top of the antenna like GAWhiteRubi did.

An AEV 3.5" lift will give you "at least" 3.5" of lift. Last year I had a 2013 JKUR with a 3.5" liift and 35s. When I parked it next to a co-workers JKU with a 4" Pro Comp lift and 35s, my Jeep was at least an inch taller than his.

Worst case scenario, it ends up being just a tad too tall. That gives you an excuse to tell your wife you need those steel bumpers, rocker guards, skid plates, and a winch. :) Or, just buy a short set of 37s, like BFGs.
:appl:

Yeah first time I went wheeling with a group it was 4 jk's including mine. We all happen to be running different 2.5" lifts on 35's and not one was even remotely close to another. A 2dr jk with a 2.5, I belive it was an RK lift, looked like it was a 4" lift. The rest of us where all about an 1" apart from each other.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm assuming Noob and I measured to the tops of our hard top, not to the top of the antenna like GAWhiteRubi did. An AEV 3.5" lift will give you "at least" 3.5" of lift. Last year I had a 2013 JKUR with a 3.5" liift and 35s. When I parked it next to a co-workers JKU with a 4" Pro Comp lift and 35s, my Jeep was at least an inch taller than his. Worst case scenario, it ends up being just a tad too tall. That gives you an excuse to tell your wife you need those steel bumpers, rocker guards, skid plates, and a winch. :) Or, just buy a short set of 37s, like BFGs.
I have a soft top which with the bows appear taller than a hard top.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Which is why I went with the AEV lift and I will use your idea.. need that poison spyder bumper..

·
Super Moderator
14,549 Posts
So, what a couple of us were getting at, have you prepped your axle for 37's?

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,549 Posts
As in???????
C gussets, upgraded ball joints, proper gearing, a truss kit or sleeves? 37's are not a bolt on and go mod. Especially if the wheeling you do NEEDS 37's.

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts