Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Back in the Jeep community again and I have a few questions. I purchased a 2004 TJ with a 4” lift and 33’s. It has terrible bump steer and I suspect it may be due to the drop pitman arm and track bar lowering bracket on the passenger side. I have purchased a OEM pitman arm but I wanted to see if the track bar needs to go back to the stock hole or if I can leave it as is?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,738 Posts
Thread moved from JL Tech to TJ Tech.

Hopefully you'll get more answers in this section. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
holy wrong end of the bar batman.........i'm scratchin my head here. drop the top end of the drag and the bottom end of the TB, never seen this 1 b4.
like Shark says ditch the drop brackets.

·
Registered
32 Posts
holy wrong end of the bar batman.........i'm scratchin my head here. drop the top end of the drag and the bottom end of the TB, never seen this 1 b4.
like Shark says ditch the drop brackets.
Someone did the exact same thing to a 2005 TJ Rubicon, with a 2 1/2” lift
I purchased, with terrible bump steer. Just putting a stock pitman arm back on made all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replaced pitman arm with OEM and removed track bar lowering bracket. No more bump steer and drives great now. The track bar bolt on the passenger side was fused in the track bar and would not budge even with a impact wrench. Had to remove the whole track bar and soak with Kroil then used a punch and hammer to remove.

·
Registered
262 Posts
This is the second time I've seen that axle-end track bar bracket. The first was on my TJ when I bought it. The bump steer combined with the slack in the steering from the track bar rod end being completely worn out made the drive home from Amarillo, TX to Colorado Springs downright scary. I don't know what company of morons created that thing but if I ever find out I'll make sure never to buy any of their products because it's clear they don't know what they're doing.

I sawzalled it out (the bolt was seized) immediately and got rid of half the bump steer, then waited about a year and replaced the drop pitman arm to get rid of the rest of it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is the second time I've seen that axle-end track bar bracket. The first was on my TJ when I bought it. The bump steer combined with the slack in the steering from the track bar rod end being completely worn out made the drive home from Amarillo, TX to Colorado Springs downright scary. I don't know what company of morons created that thing but if I ever find out I'll make sure never to buy any of their products because it's clear they don't know what they're doing.

I sawzalled it out (the bolt was seized) immediately and got rid of half the bump steer, then waited about a year and replaced the drop pitman arm to get rid of the rest of it.
Yes, and all the rest of the companies that sold these to make a buck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts