Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been successfully able to get rid of the ticking noise caused by the lifters? 3.6 engine

·
Registered
132 Posts
I’ve put in really good oil correct w rating, a OEM filter and a can of seafoam. I then change the filter at 600-800 miles. So even if the lifters are worn or sticking it really helped

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve put in really good oil correct w rating, a OEM filter and a can of seafoam. I then change the filter at 600-800 miles. So even if the lifters are worn or sticking it really helped
you put the seafoam in with the oil? any special kind of sea foam?

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Are you talking about the one second of ticking at startup, or idling normal? Mine have never ticked except sometimes at startup, especially if I'm nearing an oil change.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
I had a tick at startup. Switched Mobile 1 oil to Pennzoil Platinum 5-20 and it no longer does it at start or any other time. My son did the same thing to his Ram 5.7 hemi with the same results. They also make a Pennzoil Ultra Platinum that is really good but costs more.

Reactions: Old Dogger

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had the tick just repaired in my 14. Seafoam nor oil would stop it so i brought it in to my local shop Once the mechanic got in there, the bearing? on the rocker was deformed and caused damage to the camshaft as well. Was a costly job

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sometimes it’s cheaper to get a used engine from the wreckers with less mileage as a bonus. By the time you get your engine apart and change just a few parts etc. I’ve seen it cost a lot more

1 - 10 of 10 Posts