Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help needed on lifting a stock Wrangler JK 2007 at an affordable price. Want to upgrade from 255/75R17s to 305/70R16s (33") and need to lift the vehicle. Folks at ORW mentioned a leveling kit (raises the front only 1.5") for about $450 or a Teraflex 2" budget boost for $850.

Comments, other options?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I went on rough country website and ordered direct. I went 2.5" lift w 2.2 shocks. Looks great and was super easy to install. Did it this past Saturday in 3-4 hours. I could very easily clear 33". I paid under $500 delivered to my door including the track bar bracket and sway bar disconnects and holders.

·
Registered
873 Posts
850 dollars is not a budget boost. 850 dollars is coils, shocks, sway bar links...possibly track bars as well.

Try doing a search on the forum...lots of ideas...and this topic has been covered at least once a day for the past two or three days.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I hear of some people just running 33"s without a lift and no issues. Depends on brand of tire. A wider tire will require your stock wheels to use spacers, or use another wheel with a different back-spacing. If it were me I would just do a level lift and call it a day for 33"s.
The boys at ORW have lots of knowledge, but remember they are used to doing jobs for people worth tens of thousands of dollars. They sometimes forget that not the most expensive kits are needed for small mods.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear of some people just running 33"s without a lift and no issues. Depends on brand of tire. A wider tire will require your stock wheels to use spacers, or use another wheel with a different back-spacing. If it were me I would just do a level lift and call it a day for 33"s.
The boys at ORW have lots of knowledge, but remember they are used to doing jobs for people worth tens of thousands of dollars. They sometimes forget that not the most expensive kits are needed for small mods.
I once heard that spacers were not good long-term, and that they brought on death wobble. What do you know about them?

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm a newbie too, so forgive me.

The leveling kit from Teraflex cost about $130. Is there really $320 worth of labor?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would find a few buddies to help you do the lift.. Myself and one other guy installed my budget boost in 2 hours.. The jks seem to go easy on ya cause they want lifted..

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm a newbie too, so forgive me.

The leveling kit from Teraflex cost about $130. Is there really $320 worth of labor?
There is a second leveling kit from Teraflex that costs over $390.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts