Discussion Starter #1
2" EZ-Ride Suspension System by Tuff Country

* 1987-95 YJ Wrangler
* Kit consists of four leaf springs
* Four SX6000 gas shocks
* U-bolts
* Transfer case drop kit
* Shock boots are NOT included

This is the lift kit that I am going to install. I was wondering if I should also replace my shackles. If so, what all should I replace along with them?

My other main questions is should I replace all of my rubber bushings with polyurethane ones. I see there are ones for the leaf springs, shackles, etc...?? Obviousily the rubber ones that are on there currently are 16 years old. But I am just curious What everyone thinks??

And if there are any other things I should do along with this lift please let me know.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi i think you should check the bushings on the kit mine were black polyurethane,the better bushings will give you a better feel of the road so yes change as much as you can I also installed REVOLVER SHACKLES these made a big difference off road but i do not recommend if using mostly on pavement. i hope this helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Shackles are not a bad idea since you will be there anyway, why not. This kit should also have a front and rear track bar relocation, you may want to make sure that it is there. You should not need a drop pitman arm if you do not get a shackle lift. Other than that you should be GTG.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts