Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2014 Sahara today and I want to lift it 4". Can someone please let me know which lift kit you recommend? I do not want to buy something that is like $5,000 but I also don't want to spend something like $500 on some Rough Country lift. A good lift kit for a good price.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I just bought a 2014 Sahara today and I want to lift it 4". Can someone please let me know which lift kit you recommend? I do not want to buy something that is like $5,000 but I also don't want to spend something like $500 on some Rough Country lift. A good lift kit for a good price. Thanks all!
Anything over 2.5" is going to cost you.

A rule of thumb is that for every inch of lift it will cost about $1,000 to do it right. On the JK any lift over 2.5" will require multiple other upgrades to keep the handling user friendly. Not to mention you'll need to upgrade your driveshafts due to the new angles.

You only need 2.5" lift to clear 35s. What gearing do you have?

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
Why are you so set on a 4 inch lift? You open up a whole big can of worms going that high. Is it just for looks or do you offroad?

·
Registered
614 Posts
I would recommend a long arm suspension for 4". EVO MFG's double d long arm kit can be had with listen 5100 for right around $4000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts