Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lifting question. I definitely want to lift my rig up a couple inches. Two ought to do it. Im not looking to go crazy, or spend a lot either. Just a basic kit or something thats not too difficult to do myself(with help of course), and something thats reliable as well as safe. '90 YJ,4.2L...any help or advice most appreciated.

·
Registered
429 Posts
There are basically 2 options for your goal:

Super Low buck = some combo of body lift, shackle lift, fender/flare mods & helper springs. Priced under 200 for everything, but they can lead to quirky handling & an ultra stiff ride, w/ little off-road flex.

Medium dollar = a mimimal kit based on actual new lift springs. Under 500, medium difficulty of install, but nets you serious improvement over worn out stock springs. The Zone kit stated about is a good version of this option w/ plenty of satisfied customers.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Stick with the kit it has all needed parts and instructions. Plan a saturday all day and if your lucky your drinking beer early.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts