Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears here in PA you can't have external light bars on your vehicle on a road unless they are covered up. Not that I would use them on the road but covering them up takes away from the bad ass looks.

I was thinking about getting a 50" bar for the top of my windshield. Has anyone in PA or anywhere else for that matter run into the po po bothering them about their lights?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
As Jeep found out with the Liberty which could be ordered with 4 roof mounted lights which had to be covered on public roads... or even public lands off road... and came with covers.

I doubt the highway mounties pay attention but eventually some resourceful backwoods cop says "Hey!! We can real a fortune fining and impounding all those Jeeps... pickups etc with roof mounted lights". Actually I think most states have a law stating no lights can be higher than they headlights... and the have a maximum height for that too.

So until that resourceful backwoods sheriff says "Hey !!". yer good to go.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Was pulled over in Robbindale Mn about 4 years ago for 2 round aux lights that were on my windshield, off but "not" covered, warning ticket only/didn't argue with the guy, think he was looking for a dui and I don't drink and drive and since sold the Jeep and no aux lights on my curr jk/I was shocked looking online as sure enough there was a statute that said if more than 4 then the aux should be covered so I dug up my Mopar covers, think the statute was changed last year tho and wouldn't stop me from adding a bar - no covers ok, just have to be off(duh)/check where you live, it may be ok

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
In the state book it pretty much says no external lighting what so ever unless it's a work truck or emergency emergency vehicle. It all depends where you go in PA. My buddy in Pittsburgh never had problems but another guy I wheeled with just got ticketed for his tires and light bar in a different county.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Auxiliary lights on the front, higher than the headlamps need to be covered. I know of a few people that got stopped for that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts