Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all,

I'm looking into getting an upper light bar for the Wrangler, and potentially a lower light bar or round lights. Then obviously I'll need a light bar switch. There are so many options out there that I'm hoping someone can recommend a product or brand for me to consider :)

I found an upper light bar I'm interested in by oedro. Any thoughts on that brand?

PS: do they make stitches that are relatively waterproof? In case I get rained on with the top off...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Personally, I’m quite a fan of the high end LEDS over amazon/Chinese brand. Quality and output are substantially greater. I just finished putting these on about an hour ago. They are Rigid R-series 46. Can get some of them pretty cheap right now too. I’ve also had one of their 20” bars and I loved it until someone stole it. As far as switches go, there are some OEM style switches that look just like the hardtop controls you can find on amazon. I have 2 and they haven’t been an issue

·
Registered
29 Posts
Personally, I’m quite a fan of the high end LEDS over amazon/Chinese brand. Quality and output are substantially greater. I just finished putting these on about an hour ago. They are Rigid R-series 46. Can get some of them pretty cheap right now too. I’ve also had one of their 20” bars and I loved it until someone stole it. As far as switches go, there are some OEM style switches that look just like the hardtop controls you can find on amazon. I have 2 and they haven’t been an issue

Are these LED lights heated? I live in PA and would need heated since the snow would stick to them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey Y'all,

I'm looking into getting an upper light bar for the Wrangler, and potentially a lower light bar or round lights. Then obviously I'll need a light bar switch. There are so many options out there that I'm hoping someone can recommend a product or brand for me to consider :)

I found an upper light bar I'm interested in by oedro. Any thoughts on that brand?

PS: do they make stitches that are relatively waterproof? In case I get rained on with the top off...
I bought the brand you mentioned. Just installed yesterday. It seems fine. The durability longevity, well, it is working now and that's all I can say. The kit was pretty cheap and included everything the more expensive ones include.

The issue I have is a Terrible Whistling at even low speeds. I found another thread that the Poster drilled holes in the back side of the "extruded housing" and made cuts every six inches.

For what I paid, and completeness of the kit, I will be pleased if we can eliminate the whistling from the light bar. If Not, its coming off.

The other poster is probably right about durability and quality of some of the other brands, but hey this works and looks fine for the limited use I expect my daughter will actually use it for. It's an appearance mod it seems. If we were hardcore, it probably is worth getting a KC or something.

·
Registered
52 Posts
picture

I bought the brand you mentioned. Just installed yesterday. It seems fine. The durability longevity, well, it is working now and that's all I can say. The kit was pretty cheap and included everything the more expensive ones include.

The issue I have is a Terrible Whistling at even low speeds. I found another thread that the Poster drilled holes in the back side of the "extruded housing" and made cuts every six inches.

For what I paid, and completeness of the kit, I will be pleased if we can eliminate the whistling from the light bar. If Not, its coming off.

The other poster is probably right about durability and quality of some of the other brands, but hey this works and looks fine for the limited use I expect my daughter will actually use it for. It's an appearance mod it seems. If we were hardcore, it probably is worth getting a KC or something.
picture

Attachments

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Whistling and big light bars on the top of the windshield are synonymous.

Some have had some luck lowering it a bit, some have used door edge molding on the top cooling fin, some have forked over $$$ for an internet light cover that claims to stop whistling.

I would try the cheap door molding first. You might have to try different fin positions, etc but the idea is to disrupt the air flow to stop the whistling.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Whistling and big light bars on the top of the windshield are synonymous.

Some have had some luck lowering it a bit, some have used door edge molding on the top cooling fin, some have forked over $$$ for an internet light cover that claims to stop whistling.

I would try the cheap door molding first. You might have to try different fin positions, etc but the idea is to disrupt the air flow to stop the whistling.
I am going to try your suggestion first. Picked some up at the local autoparts store yesterday. Then found on Amazon for less than half the price. Wait what, no, the brick and mortar needs to and deserves a fair profit for the service of right now availability.

·
Registered
368 Posts
KC Lights
I am a big fan of the KC Pro 6 lightbar. The 23 year warranty and love the old school look.

Are these the ones that are as expensive as a AKC Golden Retriever?? I too, love the old school look. TBH, I can't stand the rectangular 1-piece light bars, but I have not been able to find something like a simply light bar with tabs to go around the windshield. KC are awesome but so damn expensive....thoughts?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am going to try your suggestion first. Picked some up at the local autoparts store yesterday. Then found on Amazon for less than half the price. Wait what, no, the brick and mortar needs to and deserves a fair profit for the service of right now availability.
(n)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts