Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 52 inch light bar on my jeep JKU and the whistle is god awful if anyone follows my post they will see that I recently posted about this and knows that I tried many of the fixes with little success my question though is that is there any whistle issues with the big round overhead lights like seen in this picture

Overhead lights
https://turn5.scene7.com/is/image/Turn5/J100845?$enlarged810x608$

·
Registered
429 Posts
so if you want to eliminate the whistle - go to Home Depot and buy 2 pieces of rubber baseboard molding< cost less than $4. Cut a strip utilizing the lip on the molding, insert in into the fins on the lightbar with the lip going up, stick a credit card in the fins to measure how wide the strip needs to be, use a couple of sheet metal screws to hold it in place... repeat the same process on the bottom, with the lip going down... no more whistle

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Agreed. The whistle is coming from a gap between the lightbar and the Jeep. Smaller the gap, higher pitch of the whistle. Closing it off with the baseboard should fix that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts