Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at putting some factory fog lights on the front of my TJ. Since I have a hard top, the fog switch would take up the third and last free switch place I have on my Jeep under the cig lighter. While at the stealership, they offered me a light bar to go on top. I would like to do this, but where could I put the switch? I really do not want to install a crappy looking switch from Auto Zone. What do y'all think?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought some aftermarket lights for mine too and was having trouble finding a good looking switch for'em. I ended up going to 4wd hardware and bought the missile switches. They're the best looking switches in my opinion and everyone that saw'em complimented how good they looked. They have several different colors, I got the metal carbon fiber looking ones, they matched my black/grey interior perfectly. The ones I bought don't have any indicator lights/leds but they do sell a few missile switches with leds. Here's a link to the webpage, hope it helps...
http://www.4wd.com/subcategories.aspx?cid=7&sid=66

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OneBoltShort said:
I bought some aftermarket lights for mine too and was having trouble finding a good looking switch for'em. I ended up going to 4wd hardware and bought the missile switches.

I'm guessing that you cut into the plastic to install those, where did you cut?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I drilled a hole alittle above center and then I a had to use a dremmel to cut/shave off the plastic ribs inside the back of the blank.

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
when i bought my kc's, i bought a missile style toggle switch as well. I poped of the plastic thats directly under the steering wheel, and drill a hole down to the right of the bottom of the wheel. did all the wiring in the back of the dash behind the plastic. looks great.

·
Registered
47 Posts
you could also go to eBay and search for rocker switches. There are stock rocker switch panels with all three switches for less than $20 I believe.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If your looking to install a few switches, this place makes some pretty nice switch panels. I just bought an in cab winch controller from there and love it. I think they may even do custom work if you email them with demensions.

http://www.offroadcontrols.com/

·
Registered
51 Posts
i installed a lightbar today.

the switches (for the fog lights and some additional lights i just ordered) are here:

Hey nicolas, that a nice looking switch install. I like that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts