Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right hello all! First serious post would love your feedback. I have a 2004 tr2 in light khaki. Am torn between black or silver wheels! What's peoples choice? Any picks would be awesome. Many thanks

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Do what I did when I got tired of my aluminum wheels, I plastidipped them black. That way I can always go back to aluminum if I wanted to.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea had thought bout having the original wheels painted. Must admit was leaning towards black but those wheels look very nice.

·
Registered
200 Posts
This is what most black rims look like.....

..... a spare tire. Especially if it is flat black. Black is very popular but in my opinion it looks like crap.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I like black wheels...But, on a Light Khaki TJ I think aluminum wheels look awesome.

I'm looking for a really low mileage Light Khaki Rubicon with Black Interior. Those suckers are hard to find.

I found one in GA but they want 19k. :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What's the spec of the rubicon? Mines 40k with the black interior very clean! Gave £5000 for mine. No one can afford to run them ha.

·
Registered
288 Posts
2006...it had somewhere around 50k miles I believe.

How much is L5000 in US dollars?

·
Registered
137 Posts
As far as I can tell it has a 1 inch body lift. Not sure about suspension though. This is how I bought it. It has Bilstein shocks, but I can't find any identifying markings in the springs.

The rims are Pacer 164P LT MOD 15x8's with Kumho Road Venture MT KL71 32x11.5x15 tires.

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,432 Posts
Personal preference and the color of your Jeep. I think for the khaki, silver rims would look best. Red and black go well together (I might be biased tho...;) )

I think that the bolder colors (red, yellow, orange, and some blues) look good with black rims. The more muted colors (silver, khaki, rescue or kelly green, the browns) look good with silver or chrome rims.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I tend to agree with you at the moment. Think it's just a case of fining a set over here. Would like a split rim style or beadlock.

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,432 Posts
Pretty sure DOT is a non-issue for Craig...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just Painted these.

I liked these, they were just to big with no lift, 18".
The ride at highway speeds on the 15” T/As is much better.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts