Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

So I am fairly new on this site and was looking for some advice on places for off-roading. I am a college student at EKU, so I have little money to fix any damages. Also, my Jeep is my daily-driver which would make it hard to be without it if I were to break something.

I am asking y'all if you know any light off-roading trails, or simple dirt roads where I could take my Jeep and have some fun. Basically somewhere I can throw it in 4-wheel drive. Ideally it would be around 1 hour or so from Lexington, Ky as I go to school in Richmond.

Thanks for the response y'all.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Check out the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway. Several of those trails can be run in a stock TJ.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Red river gorge..... natural bridge state park area......

BEST advice you'll ever get: hook up with a local 4wd club.... folks who know the area can guide you plus if you do get in a bind, having someone else there to help can make the difference between breaking or not.... no need to beat on it when a quick tug gets you going again.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dirty Turtle Offroad Park is another option. If you go on a Saturday there's always someone around to pull you out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all of the relies. I am thinking about hooking up with the local jeep club from where I am from (NKY). I may also look into some of the clubs in the Lexington area as well.

Does anyone have anymore info on the Daniel Boone Byway?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey, new jeeper here also. With as many wranglers as you see around here, I expected more locals on here. I too would love to find somewhere close to play. Red river gorge is closest I know of. Hopefully the weather has broke and we can get out and get dirty! Also concerned about going solo in case something happens. Maybe everyone is on another forum? I know, heresy! Dang this is a long post!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey, new jeeper here also. With as many wranglers as you see around here, I expected more locals on here. I too would love to find somewhere close to play. Red river gorge is closest I know of. Hopefully the weather has broke and we can get out and get dirty! Also concerned about going solo in case something happens. Maybe everyone is on another forum? I know, heresy! Dang this is a long post!
Hey Ky ss how far are you willing to drive because I have a couple of light offroading areas about 45 minutes one way away from you if your interested send me a pm

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
check out the daniel boone backcountry byway. Several of those trails can be run in a stock tj.
red river gorge..... Natural bridge state park area......

Best advice you'll ever get: Hook up with a local 4wd club.... Folks who know the area can guide you plus if you do get in a bind, having someone else there to help can make the difference between breaking or not.... No need to beat on it when a quick tug gets you going again.
x2

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Ky ss how far are you willing to drive because I have a couple of light offroading areas about 45 minutes one way away from you if your interested send me a pm
I'm down to roll to Lawrenceburg sometime this coming month or make a trip up to Dirty Turtle

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.