Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The days are getting shorter and my eyes are getting older. Investigating changing out the headlights. There are tons of threads here to page through = information overload.

What I would like:
1. Brighter than stock.
2. Better coverage including directly in front of the jeep.
3. Warmer yellowish color.
4. Good quality.

Nice to have:
1. Halos.
2. Matching LED turn signals.

Don't want:
1. Flicker.
2. High cost.
3. Excessively too bright when properly adjusted. Not just for the on-coming traffic, but not too bright reflecting off signs.
4. Piercing bright white color.

Recommendations?

·
Premium Member
7,354 Posts
Check out the review

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm going to suggest looking at hella vision plus or e code halogen (possibly even Cibie) replacement lights with a h13 to h4 adapter

They do everything you want, except the Halo thing. Glass housings won't haze up, bulb replacement is cheap and easy.

I have 2 jeeps with e code and 1 with vision plus, very pleased

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'd recommend the Hella 90mm Bi-halogens. They're probably the best halogen headlight on the market, and they're way cheaper than LED or xenon. They use H9 bulbs which put out more light than H13 or H4 bulbs. A housing costs around $150, so if one needs to be replaced it's not the end of the word. A set of bulbs is about $14 I think at any auto parts store. I've been running them about 4 years now and have been very satisfied.

They're not going to put out as much light as a xenon, but in my opinion it's more than sufficient for driving the Jeep at any remotely legal speed. They put the stock lights to shame (although that's not saying much). The light is also easy on the eye and not that horrible blue you get with so many LEDs.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I am a very happy Jeeper with Trucklite and their anti-flicker harness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts