Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 99 TJ last week and the guy had a roof mounted LED lightbar installed, but not hooked up. I ran the wires, but I can’t get it to turn on. I get full power from the battery, past the fuse up to the connector that goes to the relay. I don’t get any power after the relay. I assumed it was the relay, so I ordered one online, swapped it out, and I still don’t get any power after it. Any thoughts as to what it might be?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,281 Posts
Try this animated schematic that shows how the relay works to see if your relay is installed properly. The "High Current Load" would be, in your case, your LED light bar. The green light that flashes is only for an 'on' bulb in the on-off switch if present.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try this animated schematic that shows how the relay works to see if your relay is installed properly. The "High Current Load" would be, in your case, your LED light bar. The green light that flashes is only for an 'on' bulb in the on-off switch if present.

View attachment 4504024
Works perfectly now. Thank you so much!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts