Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a huge topic and its not a thread to debate what lights are best or worse or any of those things that we have hundreds of threads on already

Im going with Rough Country lights, based on how much i will use them(i don't do much night off roading)

1) The Rough Country 2-INCH SQUARE CREE LED LIGHTS, does anyone know of a double mounting bracket that will hold two of these on top of each other on the side of the lower windshield, i called them and they don't sell any and were not sure of any other companies that sell them, i know they are out there but i didn't want to call every company (time is money) and hoped that one of you nice people could help with this.

2) Is there a difference in Curved and Straight 50 inch bars

3) If doing a 10in light bar above my winch best to go flood or spot

Thank you for any help you can provide
Dan

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Quadratec one of the vendors here has over 4 pages of windshield light mounting options. I think I recall seeing something like what you're looking for listed previously.

Extreme Terrain has similar options. I'm not sure if the set up that I linked is what you're looking for or not. I'm sure that Ryan could hook you up.

Exco

·
Supporting Vendor
1,867 Posts
We carry our own lights as well. I ran flood patterns on my cubes on the pillar and had a 20" single row for my front bumper. I think there is more of an aerodynamic advantage to a curved bar over a straight. The argument could also be made that your field of view is increased with a curved bar.

Jeremy

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have info on question 3, i got a combo flood/spot 50in curved light on top, and dual spot lights on the lower windshield on both sides, so seems to go flood at the bottom makes the most sense but not 100%, what is everyone else putting down there

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
saw those, but wasn't sure if they were universal and would fit the Rough Country lights, was waiting till monday to call - are you 100% sure the fit?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I think the curved vs. straight issue with the longer bars comes down to the individual application. For instance, I mounted a curved 40 inch bar in the front bumper's opening of my Ram 2500 simply because the curve of the bar matches the curve of the bumper almost perfectly. However on our JKU, I think the straight 50 inch bar will match the Jeep much better. Just seems like a curved 50 inch bar would look odd on the JK's straight windshield frame.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
saw those, but wasn't sure if they were universal and would fit the Rough Country lights, was waiting till monday to call - are you 100% sure the fit?
The lights will mount to the 2 slotted tabs. They should fit without issue.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found my pillar and lights Went with RI - got a good deal from a local - once i get time to install ill send some pictures

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Running a combo 10" above my winch with D2's (driving pattern) mounted on the A pillar. Out here with the canyon and fire road running this appears to work best. The spot potion of the 10" will put a concentration of light in the middle of the trail while highlighting the surrounding canyon walls. The D2's will through light down the road while we are fire roading. This combo seems to work okay in wooded areas as we still have a concentration of light looking down the road and not too much light being bounced back from the trees.

Running RI lights with Trucklights and the temperatures of the two are close to the same so when running them all at once there is little to no difference in color.

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
I know this is a huge topic and its not a thread to debate what lights are best or worse or any of those things that we have hundreds of threads on already

Im going with Rough Country lights, based on how much i will use them(i don't do much night off roading)

1) The Rough Country 2-INCH SQUARE CREE LED LIGHTS, does anyone know of a double mounting bracket that will hold two of these on top of each other on the side of the lower windshield, i called them and they don't sell any and were not sure of any other companies that sell them, i know they are out there but i didn't want to call every company (time is money) and hoped that one of you nice people could help with this.

2) Is there a difference in Curved and Straight 50 inch bars

3) If doing a 10in light bar above my winch best to go flood or spot

Thank you for any help you can provide
Dan
We have two different brands of the A-pillar Light Mounts you're looking for.

Let me know if you're interested in any of those mounts and I'll get you set up with a quote!

-Ryan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts