Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am looking into purchasing some lights for a windshield mount (A-pillar) for my 08 JK.
I am a little confused on what I should get.
1) I live in the sticks with lots of back roads
2)Don't do much wheelin at night, looking for mainly bad weather assistance
3) I am also a firefighter/EMT, so they would assist when responding to wires down, or even maybe illuminating a scene.

I do not have the money for the Dually D2's (the small LED ones), as I am still paying off the vehicle!
I was looking into these: http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Lighting-Je...Kit.aspx?t_c=14&t_s=448&t_pt=4242&t_pn=K/C151

Any input would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
I have the apollo's on my bumper light bar right now. I even have the driving light beam pattern too. I love the light but I have 1 thing of advise. Get fog lights for the bumper and get a spot beam for the windshield. If you get a driving light beam on the windshield it'll give you some glare off the hood. You can fix it with a little tape on the lens but it'd be easier to get the right beam. Windshield lights are not good bad weather lights. It's kinda like turning on high beams in a bad snow storm. It can reflect and actually hinder vision. I use my windshield PIAAs for when I'm driving thru the sticks, even though its technically illegal. If you shut them off for oncoming drivers you probably won't get into trouble. The apollos aren't too expensive. If you can afford 2 sets I'd go fogs down low and spots on the windshield. If you think stock fogs are already good you could go driving beam on the bumper if you wanted but I still would recommend only spot beam on the windshield

1 - 2 of 2 Posts