Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get some lights to mount on the sides of the windshield. What's a good quality light that won't break the bank? Links and pics are more than welcome.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have a great point on the half of the cost. Those black magics are pretty sweet though. thanks for the help. looks like kc for me

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I have the 100 watt KCs mounted on KC windshield hinge brackets. The one thing I would do different is to find a pair of brackets that place the lights further to the outside of the vehicle. The KC brackets mount them in front of the windshield and they block your view around tight corners. I ran the wires down through holes in the cowl cover.

Here's a link to a picture: http://www.wranglerforum.com/showpost.php?p=41099&postcount=238

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
thanks for the pic. do you think if i got the kc slimlites they'd be a little easier to see around? have you had any problems keeping those dayliters aimed?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
... do you think if i got the kc slimlites they'd be a little easier to see around? ?
No, a friend has the slimlites mounted on the same brackets and has the same issue. You don't really notice the lack of visibility until it's a problem. I found a set of brackets that move the lights out further, but now I’m wondering if that is a good thing because it makes them more vulnerable.

... have you had any problems keeping those dayliters aimed?
No, they tighten down pretty good and don't move around a lot. Even at speed, there is not much vibration in the light beam.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Im looking at a set of slim lites myself. They a lil pricey but dont have much of a choice. I had regular KCs at one point and hella...but i cant fold my windshield down cuz of the size of the lights. I know alot of people prolly dont fold theirs down but i love my down when im running trails and such at slow speeds or working horse shows. Makes ya feel like your driving a big golf cart haha. If ya dont then any size light will work. Just thought i would mention it.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
\

I was looking at IPF, but those are only 55W, and are more expensive than the 150W Dayliters.
They're all you need. Trust me - they're plenty of light.
;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts