Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,174 Posts
Jeep itself showed such, on a custom show Wrangler they did.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I plan on adding a couple of flush mount "bolt style" LEDs to as aux reverse lights, but I haven't done 'em yet.

I haven't decided if I'll tie 'em directly into my reverse lights, put 'em on a switch, or both (both being have the reverse lights trigger a relay with a switch).

The plastic in the cut outs is pretty thin, and it looks like you can get at the back side pretty easily.

What type of lights did you have in mind?

Exco

·
Registered
10,174 Posts
Jeep itself showed such, on a custom show Wrangler they did.

Apparently, the pic I referenced, has been deleted. Here's another copy...

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Following. Would like to add some lights on the back also. I don't think I want to cut into the bumper it self. It is very difficult to see behind you when it is dark out.

·
Registered
10,174 Posts
It is very difficult to see behind you when it is dark out.
Have you tried replacing the stock backup light bulbs, with high power LED's? Pretty easy and cheap upgrade. One of the first I did.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Have you tried replacing the stock backup light bulbs, with high power LED's? Pretty easy and cheap upgrade. One of the first I did.
I added JW Speaker headlights, fogs, and tail lights. It is better but I have a backup camera and it is real grainy at night. I would like to find a way to mount some lights in the plastic around the end caps.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Apparently, the pic I referenced, has been deleted. Here's another copy...

Does anyone know where to access these lights?

Would be more interested in this than cutting into the steel or adding rear lights on top of the brake lights.

Thanks - Jerry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Does anyone know where to access these lights?

Would be more interested in this than cutting into the steel or adding rear lights on top of the brake lights.

Thanks - Jerry

It's the rear bumper from the Sundancer concept. Slightly modified 10a/X bumpers. I don't know where you'd find it in 'murica.

https://bjkz.en.alibaba.com/product/60444019711-801383520/Cool_and_graceful_wrangler_sundancer_bumper_front_bumper_and_rear_bumper_for_Jeep_wrangler_JK.html

·
Registered
226 Posts
I added LED backup lights in the bumper recess. The angle they are set at really helps seeing the side of the trail as you back up. I also added a rear facing back up LED light on top of the 3rd brake light.
Skitime, wow those lights looks as if they could have been factory! I've seen lights just like that on Amazon (usually under the name Kawell) and I'd never thought of putting them there.

Did you have to use any kind of spacer or offset or are they just screwed right into the plastic?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Skitime, wow those lights looks as if they could have been factory! I've seen lights just like that on Amazon (usually under the name Kawell) and I'd never thought of putting them there.

Did you have to use any kind of spacer or offset or are they just screwed right into the plastic?
The bottom of these lights are solid thick aluminum. I was able to file them to make them fit perfectly inside the recess. The passenger side is not as good because of the bulge for the tire carrier.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
The bottom of these lights are solid thick aluminum. I was able to file them to make them fit perfectly inside the recess. The passenger side is not as good because of the bulge for the tire carrier.

Do you have a link to where you bought those lights from?

Looks great, nice job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
907 Posts
Those are the lights I purchased. The same lights are sold by many different companies. I could not find my source but they were not Kawell's but identical to them.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks! Wonder if a flush mount light bar would work in that plastic insert on the back of the hard rock bumper?? Anyone try that?

I think the inserts are plastic... but I currently and dealing with my 4 & 2 year olds melting down... so I’m not sure about much at the moment...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts