Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any front bumpers that are noticeably lighter than most of the competition? I really like the Rugged Ridge XHD front bumper, but it looks fairly heavy. Appreciate the help.

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
Less bumper = Less weight. If you mean the same size bumper but lighter, usually your gona sacrifice strength/workmanship for less weight. You wana be lighter or safer? :p

Anyways, if you want something light buy some tubes ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response. That's the thing. I was considering removing some weight, yet it probably wouldn't help to much for MPG anyway. If anyone has experience with the RR XHD, is it very heavy or about average?

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
If your worried about gas, then buy smaller wheels :p no joke. what does the jk come stock with anyone, like 30s? hahaha. A bumper weight isnt gona make much difference for the money man.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Bumper wasn't real heavy. Actually the winch weight was greater. Of course I don't have end caps and this weight doesn't include my hoop.

XRC8 Winch is 94lbs shipping weight and XHD bumper was 73.5lbs shipping weight

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If your worried about gas, then buy smaller wheels :p no joke. what does the jk come stock with anyone, like 30s? hahaha. A bumper weight isnt gona make much difference for the money man.
Exactly. I have 32s on there now and not going to change that so I guess whatever bumper I chose won't really matter

·
Registered
498 Posts
I've never actually seen one of these in person, but from what I've read they're supposed to be really tough, and they are lightweight compared to any other offering. A guy on another forum had one on his Cherokee and got in a front-end wreck. It bent some 1/4" (I think) steel supports, but didn't mess up the actual bumper at all besides scraping the paint off.

Like I said, no personal experience, so do your research, but seems like what you're looking for.

Wrangler JK

·
Registered
498 Posts
You can click on their "About Iceland Off-road" and "Benefits of Fiberglass" to learn a little from the site.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
My xhd bumper with no end caps and my xrc8 comp winch with synthetic rope are not that heavy combined. The front of my vehicle doesnt sag at all.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:) OLYMPIC "rock" bumpers are about 5 lbs heavier than the stockers and you can getem with/without trailer hitch and/or fog light access !!

They're about $265 bucks-

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
15 Posts
Towbar bumpers

I just ordered a wrangler 2 door and will be towing it behind a gas motorhome. I want to keep it light as possible. Would an aluminum front bumper be a good choice for a tow bar? I guess if it is thick enough.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts