Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Based on the top-spec Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock, the Red Rock features a manual transmission, next-generation Dana 44 live axles front and rear, 4.10:1 gears, a Rock-Trac transfer case, a vented power-dome hood, rock rails, and red tow hooks front and rear. Hood decals, low-gloss Granite Crystal bumpers, and low-gloss black grille inserts and headlight accents add some visual zing to the proceedings, while the gears and transfer case conspire to give the Red Rock a 73.1:1 crawl ratio.

The 35-inch BFGoodrich K02 All-Terrain T/A tires are held on by 17-inch beadlock wheels. A two-inch lift kit enhances clearance, while LED headlights and fog lights illuminate nighttime trail runs. A Jeep-branded CB radio allows you to live out your C.W. McCall fantasies either on- or off-road. And for yanking yourself or others out of trouble, the Red Rock’s got a Warn Rubicon winch bolted to the front.

Amaretto Brown seats are upholstered in—wait for it—Katzkin leather, with silver accent stitching and embroidered Red Rock logos. To commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Easter Jeep Safari, the Red Rock concept features a serialized grab-handle plaque.
Jeep Displays Red Rock Concept at SEMA, Announces Production Version – News – Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

·
Registered
820 Posts
IF (big if) they build it just like that... it would be pretty cool. Black fenders would make it damn near perfect. And with dealer markup it will be more expensive than an AEV build I'm sure. Only 50 units makes it a real collectable, and the manual transmission means somebody still has a soul in the marketing department.

With the intro of the JL, they won't bastardize it like they did the 10A with the X and HR.

As with all Jeeps, you can buy a "normal" Jeep and build it to look exactly like the Red Rock and save thousands... although the real Red Rock would probably appreciate in value.... 25 years down the line.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
IF (big if) they build it just like that... it would be pretty cool. Black fenders would make it damn near perfect. And with dealer markup it will be more expensive than an AEV build I'm sure. Only 50 units makes it a real collectable, and the manual transmission means somebody still has a soul in the marketing department.

With the intro of the JL, they won't bastardize it like they did the 10A with the X and HR.

As with all Jeeps, you can buy a "normal" Jeep and build it to look exactly like the Red Rock and save thousands... although the real Red Rock would probably appreciate in value.... 25 years down the line.
I like the idea of a full warranty, and no aftermarket parts to worry about, or explain.

·
Registered
887 Posts
IF (big if) they build it just like that... it would be pretty cool. Black fenders would make it damn near perfect. And with dealer markup it will be more expensive than an AEV build I'm sure. Only 50 units makes it a real collectable, and the manual transmission means somebody still has a soul in the marketing department. With the intro of the JL, they won't bastardize it like they did the 10A with the X and HR. As with all Jeeps, you can buy a "normal" Jeep and build it to look exactly like the Red Rock and save thousands... although the real Red Rock would probably appreciate in value.... 25 years down the line.
100% agree with all that ^^
Would be nice to have an edition that actually IS something rather than stickers and bumpers

·
Super Moderator
9,116 Posts
Amaretto Brown seats? Who are they kidding? This is a Jeep not a Maserati!

Bison Dung Brown would have been more appropriate!

Did they send the Jeep marketing team to Italy for "sensitivity training"...?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
With beadlocks, I am thinking they may not be sold in MA, or some other states that ban them on-road.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Well, with only 50 units planned, chances are they will indeed skip some states.
I'm expecting the demand to change FIAT's mind, then like the X and HardRock did to the 10th, they make a million more to satisfy the rest of us and give us some better color choices. I'll take one in Granite Crystal with black interior and black fenders please! ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,116 Posts
I'm expecting the demand to change FIAT's mind, then like the X and HardRock did to the 10th, they make a million more to satisfy the rest of us and give us some better color choices. I'll take one in Granite Crystal with black interior and black fenders please! ;)
Expect it to have an MSRP well in excess of fifty grand.

I'll bet the 50 units is symbolic of a stock Wrangler finally breaking the $50,000 mark LOL

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I like the setup but I'm sure it'll be overpriced even before dealer markup. Don't see the point in limiting it to a manual though. I had mine at an off-road park this weekend and it only reaffirmed my choice for an auto.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Expect it to have an MSRP well in excess of fifty grand.

I'll bet the 50 units is symbolic of a stock Wrangler finally breaking the $50,000 mark LOL
I keep forgetting the price increase, I would say $50,000 is over my limit....LOL

Mid 30's for a 2 door and I will take one, I might be willing to go to almost $40k....but thats even too much.

·
Super Moderator
9,116 Posts
I like the setup but I'm sure it'll be overpriced even before dealer markup. Don't see the point in limiting it to a manual though. I had mine at an off-road park this weekend and it only reaffirmed my choice for an auto.
+2

My prior four Wranglers were all manual transmission: they were a LOT of fun, but after the first time wheeling in my auto Rubicon I had to ask myself "Aldo, what have you been doing all these years...?"

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
If Jeep follows suit with earlier OEM CB radio manufacturers, it will be no more than a glorified walkie talkie.
Well at least we can hope the antenna will be properly grounded and tuned. But yes, it will most certainly be a low end radio. You can't expect Jeep to offer something peaked and tuned that would violate FCC regulations.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
although the real Red Rock would probably appreciate in value.... 25 years down the line.
I bet no way. Late model vehicles just don't appreciate in value except in really rare instances. Watch the Mechum auctions and see what the rarer later model cars are selling for. Lots of people think buying a rarer vehicle and leaving it sit in a garge for 25 years will yield you a great investment...it never happens.

Back on topic. That Wrangler is hot!

1 - 20 of 335 Posts